Become a part of the Brandywine Counseling and Community Services (BCCS) team as a Counselor. Since 1985 BCCS has helped members of our community recover with hope and self-respect, while improving their physical and mental health.
BCCS is a trusted and accessible community resource that transforms the way society responds to how people view the multiple dimensions of recovery. With integrity, we promote hope and empowerment to persons living with addiction, mental health, and HIV related challenges.
As a Counselor with BCCS, you will:
- Meet with assigned clients as required to formulate and carry out clinical goals.
- Assist with intake process prior to caseload assignment
- Conduct Addiction Severity Index (ASI) assessment if approved as an assessor.
- Evaluate assigned clients and formulate treatment plan goals in consultation with the Clinical Supervisor.
- Treats clients using individual, group and/or family counseling/education as indicated on the treatment plan.
- Meet with Residential Case Manager and client to ensure coordinated referrals.
- Observes urine testing when necessary.
- Review contingency contracts.
- Maintain appropriate written records.
- Provide outreach and educational activities in the community as required.
- Comply with all BCCS policies and procedures.
- Confer with the Clinical Supervisor on a daily basis for casing.
- Maintain appropriate written records and make sure the chart is in accordance with the Joint Commission and meets Delaware licensure standards and CSAT criteria.
- Participate in case presentation at weekly meetings.
- Participate in staff meetings, trainings and other office related duties.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Clinical Supervisor.
Qualifications for the position are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Science or related field
- 1 year experience in the Drug and Alcohol Field
- Within 5 years, must have obtained certification as CADC (Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor).
The compensation package for this position includes:
- A competitive salary
- Group medical, and dental coverage with low employee costs
- 32 paid days off annually
- Tuition reimbursement, a retirement plan with a company match and much more!