- Posted: over a month ago
With a culture of constant improvement, Brandt Hospitality Group is working to grow our business by growing our people.
Our corporate office is headquartered in Fargo, North Dakota, and supports the construction and management of our hotels. BHG currently manages 17 hotels, both newly constructed and acquired, with another opening in 2022.
We are building hotels from Oregon to Maine and can offer a wide range of opportunities at every level of the hotel business. There will never be a better time to join an inspired, growing company than right now.JOB SUMMARYAs Operations Manager, you will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day leadership and direction of the hotel by maximizing financial returns, driving development of people, creating and maintaining a unique guest experience, executing on brand standards and building awareness of the hotel and brand in the local community. If you are a go-getter with the natural ability to lead both people and processes, we invite you to apply!RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive Brandt Hospitality culture personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and associates.
- May lead the operations of housekeeping, maintenance, sales, and front desk departments to maximize financial performance and guest satisfaction while upholding brand standards and driving the Brandt Hospitality culture.
- Ensure designated departments are profitable and maintain strong working relationships.
- Delegate authority and assign responsibility to reporting managers and supervisors and supervise work activities of their departments.
- Ensure direct report team members receive proper training for each position, including safety training and standard operating procedures.
- Conduct regular department meetings.
- Assist with human resources functions of reporting departments by controlling turnover, motivating employees, focusing on employee development and retention.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance and recognize good performance.
- Assist with the sourcing, interviewing, onboarding, culture training and ongoing development of each department, with a focus on team member satisfaction, productivity, and guest satisfaction.
- Respond to guest requests and complaints timely, efficiently, appropriately and in an approachable manner.
- Assist in creating and ensuring a realistic and attainable strategic business plan that defines operational goals and profitability objectives.
- May participate in the sales efforts and processes at the hotel, when required; Interact with guests and individuals outside the hotel, including, but not limited to, current and potential clients, owning company representatives, community leaders, government officials, travel industry representatives, suppliers, competitors and other members of the local community.
- Assist the General Manager with budget, forecasting, and P&L critique, as necessary.
- Be willing to work in an on call capacity as needed.
- Associate’s Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management, Business Administration, or Management or similar degree required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to four years’ experience in hospitality industry required. Previous supervisory experience required. Previous hotel ‘brand’ experience preferred.
- Possess advanced knowledge of hospitality industry and business management fields.
- Must be able to lead and be a role model for all team members.
- Basic to advanced knowledge of budget development and analysis and monthly financial analysis.
- Able to assess/evaluate team member performance in a fair and consistent manner.
- Able to make decisions with only general policies and procedures available for guidance.
- Able to study, analyze and interpret complex activities and/or information in order to improve new practices or develop new approaches.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to prioritize, organize, and manage multiple tasks.
- Associate Hotel Discounts Worldwide!
- PTO Accrual from day one!
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Brandt Hospitality Group
AddressSioux Falls, SD
BusinessView all jobs at Brandt Hospitality Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?