Baylor nurse 7pm-7am weekends only
Brandon Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, LLC Brandon, MS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
LPN Charge Nurse Effective Date: 7/5/2016
Unit Manager/ ADNS/ DNS
Under the direction of the Unit Manager, Assistant Director of Nursing or Director of
Nursing Services, responsible for supervision of assigned staff and providing quality
nursing care to residents to maintain or attain the highest practical level of functioning.
Coordinates nursing care in accordance with Facility policies and procedures, state
requirements, Department of Health regulations, and Federal Health Care Administration
1. Contributes to Facility quality assessment and improvement initiatives.
2. Develops and updates instant and comprehensive Care Plans as needed.
3. Transcribes, clarifies, and implements physician's orders.
4. Administers and monitors resident medications and treatments per physician's
orders. Maintains accurate medication administration records and treatment
administration records. Verifies medication cart is secure and clean. Secures
narcotics per Facility policy and state regulations.
5. Communicates status of residents to incoming licensed personnel according to
established procedures at shift change. Performs medication inventory at the
beginning and end of the shift with another licensed nurse and immediately
notifies supervisor of discrepancies.
6. Documents residents change in condition; develops, documents, and implements
appropriate nursing interventions; and notifies physician and appropriate persons
7. Updates and maintains accurate resident clinical files.
8. Conducts personal physical examination of residents for skin breakdown upon
admission and as assigned.
9. Supervises, trains, and delegates job tasks to certified nursing assistants and unit
10. Communicates status of residents, new admissions, scheduled appointments,
assigned baths, restorative instructions, changes in specialized diets, and other
individualized patient instructions to certified nursing assistant staff at shift
11. Verifies resident rooms, therapeutic equipment, and nursing areas are clean and
12. Responsible for managing resident meal times and providing appropriate
13. Verifies supplements, snacks, and fluids are passed per protocol and schedule.
14. Makes rounds and verifies completion of job tasks assigned to certified nursing
15. Responsible for accurate documentation of resident information including, but not
a. Resident skin condition;
b. Diet and supplements;
c. Special equipment needs;
d. Continence and protection used;
e. Weight gain or loss;
f. Side rail use and reason for use;
g. Assistance required by resident
16. Completes employee and resident incident report forms.
1. Supports the Mission, Values and Vision of the Facility.
2. Is knowledgeable of resident rights and supports an atmosphere which allows for
the privacy, dignity and well-being of all residents in a safe, secure environment.
3. Supports, cooperates with, and implements specific procedures and programs for:
OSHA and safety, including universal precautions and safe work practices,
established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security, report and/or
correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs.
4. Adheres to:
a. Confidentiality of all data, including resident, employee and operations
b. HIPAA regulations
c. Quality Assurance requirements and compliance with regulatory
d. Compliance with current law and policy to provide a work environment
free from sexual harassment and illegal and discriminatory behavior.
e. Code of Conduct and compliance program when performing work
5. Supports and participates in common teamwork:
a. Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plans and completes
job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate
b. Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional
c. Follows up as appropriate with supervisor, co-workers or residents
regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
d. Promotes positive public relations with residents, family members and
e. Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance,
uniform and dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work
duties as assigned.
f. Participates as assigned in the orientation of new staff and demonstrates a
positive, helpful, and enthusiastic attitude.
6. Immediately reports incidents of alleged resident abuse or neglect or alleged
violations of residents' rights to Director of Nursing or Executive Director.
7. Knowledgeable of age specific developmental factors specific to adult and
geriatric residents (i.e. physical, cognitive and socialization factors) in planning
delivery of care.
8. Maintains current practice standards or changes by participating in educational
opportunities provided by the Facility and outside resources.
Perform tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but
which may be altered or redesigned depending upon individual circumstances. Performs
other work duties as assigned.
Graduate of an approved school of nursing; current nursing license
to practice as a licensed practical nurse in the state. Must have current CPR certification.
A.D.A ((Americans with Disabilities Act)(as amended)) REQUIREMENTS
: Must be
able to bend, stoop, push, pull, and walk and stand for most of the working day. Requires
manual dexterity sufficient to provide hands-on care to residents as well as to operate
standard office machines such as fax, telephone, etc. Requires normal range of hearing
and vision. Must be free from communicable diseases that pose a "direct threat" to the
health or safety of others and which cannot be eliminated by a reasonable
accommodation. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, and transfer and transport
residents. Must be able to carry and transport supplies. Must be able to pass a post-offer,
pre-employment physical health examination as a condition of employment. Must be
capable of performing the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable
Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient
interpersonal relations and communicative skills; knowledge of drug interactions, side
effects, and incompatibilities; decision-making skills; basic computer skills; able to
operate various medical and office equipment, auditory and visual skills. Must be able to
communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, and possess sufficient
communication skills to perform the tasks required.
Previous work experience in a long term care setting preferred. Supervisory
experience and organizational skills in a long term care setting preferred.
Receipt and Acknowledgment
I acknowledge and understand that:
Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor
an employment contract of any kind, and that my employment is at-will.
The job description provides a general summary of the position in which I am
employed. The contents of this job description are job requirements and, at this time, I
know of no limitations which would prevent me from performing these functions with or
without reasonable accommodation. I further understand that it is my responsibility to
inform my supervisor at any time that I am unable to perform these functions.
Job duties, tasks, work hours and work requirements may be changed at any time.
Acceptable job performance includes completion of the job responsibilities as well as
compliance with the policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the Facility.
I have read and understand this job description.
Print Employee Name: ___________________________
Employee Signature: _____________________________ Date:_____________
Job Posted by ApplicantPro