Business Systems Analyst - THREE ROLES! -Hybrid
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT CANDIDATES WHO WERE SUBMITTED (OR INTERVIEWED) TO 676064, 682830, OR SIMILIAR BSA roles for ABC in last 60 days. The team wants to see NEW candidates ONLY. Pls make sure you are asking your candidate or you maybe wasting a spot.
FROM MGR: So far, none of the other candidates were suitable in terms of presenting the senior skills they need for this position. Those interviewed thus far were not able to speak to the experience/skills on their resume.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE and before submitting:
3 days on site REQUIRED from Day One - No Exceptions! Pls make sure your candidate is aware before submitting. Selected candidate required to work hybrid remote model with 3 days ON SITE and 2 days remote/per week. This is NON-NEGOITABLE. Because of this, they prefer local Richmond candidates.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a BSA role NOT a BA role and calls for a seasoned Senior Business Analyst with Systems Analyst experience. Suitable candidates must be comfortable working in a highly dynamic collaborative work environment to meet the needs of multiple business lines and supporting a portfolio comprised of a wide variety of custom applications and third-party platforms and integrations.
Lead BSA experience on relevant projects would be IDEAL but only if its clearly reflected in resume and they can speak to it (provide supporting examples) during an interview, if selected.
As a Senior Business Systems Analyst on the team, you will be responsible for ensuring that business needs are well understood, documented, and communicated to the technical resources responsible. Assignments may include analysis and design of new features and platform implementation as well as partnering with both business stakeholders and technical resources to prioritize, manage, troubleshoot and implement small to medium-size enhancement. Problem-solving and triage support for urgent production break fix resolution is also required.
The applicant will perform a variety of tasks simultaneously working in a matrixed environment. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. The applicant must rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. In addition, the analyst will be responsible for mentoring and assisting junior members of the team as they work to grow their BSA skillset.
Candidates will be expected to:
- Demonstrate excellent meeting facilitation and time management during the course of assignments
- Demonstrate flexibility in dealing with shifting priorities and the ability to manage and balance multiple assignments at the same time
- Competently and professionally interact with, set expectations and resolve requirements & prioritization conflicts with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Have excellent level appropriate and concise communication skills
- Perform & appropriately scale BSA-related tasks & activities for work efforts of various sizes (from small maintenance items and defects to large projects)
- Ensure SDLC processes are being followed
- Product thorough User Stories with sufficient Acceptance Criteria Development and Specification necessary to support the product owner, SME, development and quality assurance stakeholders
- Acquire full understanding of business vision for project, enhancements, and defect remediation
- Make recommendations to business on best practices
- Provide business analysis support for project requests making sure to examine build vs. buy options that may be available and align with business strategic goals including cost / benefit analysis for new efforts.
- Effectively use various elicitation techniques (JAD sessions, interviews, surveys, shadowing, etc.) to ensure that the true business need and intent is understood and well documented. (RFPs, SOWs, business requirements, business processes, flows, etc)
- Formulate and document well-formed user stories with detailed acceptance criteria
- Understand how change to a component/application impacts the whole system and make recommendations for the logical design of system enhancements
- Provide design support for technical teams in planning and execution of project design sessions prior to development iterations to identify and specify logical system design
- Work with Development Lead / System Engineer as liaison to communicate business requirements through elicitation of additional technical requirements
- Gather integration requirements for data to include identification and assessment of data sources and creation of source/target mappings
- Adapt current integration processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business user requirements
- Partner with technical and quality assurance resources to ensure that requirements are implemented and tested per the acceptance criteria
- Assist Product Owners with UAT planning and execution integrated with QA test planning (as needed)
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 Applications for Enterprise (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Proven knowledge of Web Application Concepts
- Proven knowledge of Client / Server Application Concepts
- Effective Meeting Facilitation, Conflict Resolution and Negotiation skills
- Mentor & provide guidance to junior members of the team
- Experience with HR systems and eCommerce implementation Required/Desired Skills SkillRequired /DesiredAmountof ExperienceExp you haveExperience as a business system analysis or comparableRequired8YearsFull SDLC experience including supporting QA and UAT needsRequired8YearsExperience with Business Systems Analysis software applications tools, and techniquesRequired8YearsExperience as a BSA on agile, waterfall and hybrid agile-waterfall methodologiesRequired8YearsWrites specific, measurable, and testable user stories with detailed acceptance criteriaRequired8YearsDevelops clear and effective business and system documentation (process flows, data mapping, RFPs, SOWs, business requirements, etc)Required8YearsEffectively facilitate meetings and requirements gathering sessions (JAD sessions, interviews, surveys, shadowing, etc.)Required8YearsExcellent problem solving and technical troubleshooting capabilitiesRequired8YearsBasic SQL Skills (Select only, ability to write complex joins)Required5YearsExperience gathering integration requirements for data: identifying and assessing data sources, creating source/target mappings, interface req.Required2YearsProblem-solving and triage support for urgent production break fix resolutionRequired2YearsExperience developing or writing business cases and supporting or executing market researchRequired2YearsExperience facilitating system design and technical requirements sessionsRequired2YearsExperience facilitating meetings with complex stakeholder dynamicsRequired2YearsExperience with and proven knowledge of Web Application conceptsRequired5YearsExperience with and proven knowledge of Client / Server Application conceptsHighly desired2YearsAbility to read and interpret vendor API documentationHighly desired2YearsPrevious experiencing using Atlassian JIRAHighly desired2YearsExperience working and partnering with Vendor SupportHighly desired2YearsExperience with HR systems and eCommerce implementationHighly desired2Years Questions No.QuestionQuestion4Three days ON SITE REQUIRED from Day 1 - No Exceptions! Selected candidate will be required to work hybrid remote model with 3 days ON SITE and 2 days remote/per week. This is NON NEGOITABLE. If selected, does your candidate agree to this arrangement?Question5ABC Managers want to see NEW CANDIDATES ONLY. If your candidate was submitted or interviewed for a similar role at ABC in last 60 days, please DO NOT SUBMIT THEM. They will be rejected and you'll be wasting a spot!
Brandon Consulting Associates, Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at Brandon Consulting Associates, Inc.