This position is located in Washington DC and is Part-Time
(20 - 25 hours a week)
Summary of Position:
The Building Monitor is an integral and collaborative member of DASH's Cornerstone Team and is responsible for the safety and security of Cornerstone residents. This is a front-line position that requires providing services on-site at DASH's Cornerstone property, ensuring that safety precautions are followed, and interacting with residents and volunteers. The Building Monitor works with Resident Advocates to ensure a safe, secure, and efficient facility as well as a manageable living environment for transitionally housed residents and families while providing excellent customer service. This position is responsible for resident compliance with program rules and expectations. This position is located in Washington DC.
Resident Support (75% of time):
• Ensures residents and building is always safe and secure.
• Monitors the front desk at Cornerstone, including watching the monitors and answering telephones.
• Provides residents and others with general information and assistance.
• Watches monitors for activity.
• Maintains visitor protocol and follow daily check-in procedures.
• Observes and reports issues with residents and makes decisions when to escalate to Resident Advocates.
• Accurately follows DASH's incident reporting procedures and documentation.
• Ensures safety of residents and staff during fire and other emergencies.
• Consults with advocate or supervisor regarding resident issues.
• Receive mail/packages, log them in according to Cornerstone's process and ensure the distribution to staff and residents.
Building Support (25% of time):
• Identifies items in need of repair and communicates to property management representative on-premises.
• Follows up on repair orders to ensure completion.
• Assists advocates with unit turnover and exit process, including setting up and breaking down of units.
• Assists advocates with the pest prevention process.
• Accepts deliveries (i.e., supplies, groceries), completes the package log, and emails staff or residents when packages arrive.
• Restocks storage closets and food pantries as needed.
• Provide exemplary customer service and display professionalism at all times.
• Other duties as assigned.
HS diploma or GED
• 2+ years' experience working in residential facilities or related experience
• 2+ years' excellent customer service or front desk experience
• Experience working with or familiarity with trauma care
• Experience in domestic and sexual violence service or housing/homeless services a plus
• Bilingual ability in Spanish, Amharic, Vietnamese, Mandarin or American Sign Language a plus
Proficiency in the following software programs and office equipment is necessary for this role:
Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Internet Browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer)
Office equipment including printers, multi-line telephones, fax machine, and photocopiers
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with and sensitivity to cultural differences
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people from diverse backgrounds
We work in partnership with your management team, hiring manager, or HR department to determine what you require to increase your capacity while maximizing your hiring budget.
Why Work Here?Provides full recruitment, screening, processing, payroll, and onboarding services for your temporary, permanent, and full-time employee needs. Our professional consultants have robust networks in the fundraising, administration, IT, finance, human resources, management, engineering, aerospace, sales, nonprofit and social enterprise sectors. They can advise you on matters of resource planning, employee compensation and benefits, succession, and contracting out. We work in partnership with your management team, hiring manager, or HR department to determine what you require to increase your capacity while maximizing your hiring budget.
Health, dental and vision insurance*Short and long-term disability*403b*Generous paid time off*Mileage reimbursement