Brakes Plus was founded in 1990 with a single store in South Denver. Today Brakes Plus has nearly 100 stores across Colorado, Wyoming, Arizona, Texas, Nebraska, and Iowa. As one of the fastest growing auto service companies, we are continuously opening new stores in each of these regions while maintaining the family values and standards that the company was founded on. Brakes Plus has two important assets, our employees and our customers. Our mission is to supply the customer with quality parts and world class service at a great price. Our philosophy has always been for EVERY CUSTOMER to have a positive experience at Brakes Plus.
The General Service Technician is responsible for providing quality service and premium vehicle repair in a timely manner. This position will adhere to and promote the Brakes Plus mission while operating within the confines of the Company's core values and contributing to the success of their functional team.
Primary Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Perform accurate and thorough vehicle inspections following a checklist of potential trouble spots such as: belts, hoses, brakes, etc.
- Provide basic automotive maintenance services like air filter replacements, fluid exchanges/flushes, belt & hose replacements, and tire rotations to name a few
- Change oil and oil filters in cars and light trucks
- Inspect and top off engine fluids
- Lubricate front-end parts as needed
- Move and operate customer vehicles into and out of service bays
- Maintain positive customer relationships
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with co-workers and management
- Keep tools, equipment and work areas clean and functional
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work area
- Act in a professional manner suitable as to represent our organization with which you are employed, always and in every instance projecting an attitude of trust, honesty, and respect
We are looking for:
- One year or more years of experience in basic car care experience
- Customer-focused attitude with ability to work well in a team environment
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Valid driver's license
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Top-notch customer service skills with a desire to build long term trust and relationships with our customers
- Willingness to work Saturdays
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.