Position Summary: The Continuous Improvement & Inventory Control Supervisor works with the DC Manager and Floor Supervisor to optimize inventory control, design of warehouse, and organizational philosophy. This supervisor will conduct daily inventory analysis to solve inventory problems, develop and implement inventory control procedures, coordinate and manages daily physical cycle counts, and coordinate transparent continuous improvement practices. This person is advanced in all things related to operations, leadership, coaching, systematic thinking, associate advocate, efficient work practices and creating culture of collaboration.
· Develop and implement inventory control procedures and best practices.
· Motivate, coach and instill good management skills in warehouse supervisors, and hourly employees. Establish a strong presence on the floor to set and communicate expectations, standards, and evaluate results so all employees understand expectations.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Strong project management skills with the ability to multitask and still execute despite changes to project scope, scale, or deadline
· Coordinates and directs tasks relevant to effective material management, including made to stock jobs, inventory put away, cycle counting and other inventory processes.
· Problem prevention, inventory control, continuous improvement, data collection and reporting.
· Conduct statistical analysis for projects to outline and justify improvements necessary to reduce/eliminate inefficiencies within all processes.
· Cooperate with all audit activities (Quality, Financial, Ethical, Etc.)
· Designs location slotting, size, and min/max to ensure most efficient pick and put away routing.
· Oversees Distribution layout changes.
· Maintain cost reduction documentation and provide recommendations for further cost saving initiatives.
· Work with finance to enhance the cycle counting program.
· Present a positive and professional image of BPI to all internal and external customers, vendors, and suppliers.
· Create an environment where associates are motivated to do their best.
· Identify and analyze problems and suggest alternative solutions.
· Give and receive constructive feedback.
· Manage and analyze daily productivity reporting. Exercise judgment based upon available data.
· Investigate documented inefficiencies.
· Promote a culture of respect and an atmosphere of teamwork to foster a positive working environment.
· Provides training, coaching and direction regarding departmental processes and procedures. Oversees the development of associates by ensuring they are cross trained, given the proper tools to do their jobs, and can contribute to the total operation.
· Acts as a safety leader and puts safety first in all responsibilities. Works in conjunction with the EHS Manager to establish and maintain all policies and programs to assure a safe working environment.
· Demonstrated ability to absorb new technologies and management techniques. Utilize an approachable and participative style in motivating people to achieve higher standards and performance levels.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field
· Must be able to multi-task; handle multiple assignments at once.
· Strong computer skills, including ERP, excel, and data analysis.
· Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
· Detail oriented.
· Good understanding of compliance, regulatory, and technical processes and risks.
· Challenge the status quo to find ways to optimize layout, location, and inventory; enhancing performance to deliver superior results.
· Work as a part of a team to achieve the company’s overall goals.
· Meet production goals and time deadlines for company projects.
· Demonstrate initiative and with minimum supervision.
· Identify problems and problem solve via engaging appropriate resources internally and externally.
· Must be able to exhibit tact and diplomacy and maintain professional relationships
with work leads, fellow employees, customers, etc.
· Must be able to work under physically and mentally stressful situations.
· Must be able to prioritize and easily adapt to changes through the day.
· Have working knowledge and ability to develop and use Lean tools.