Software QA Engineer - Remote
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - North America (TimeZone: PST/CIST | Full day overlap)
- RATE: Our client is looking to pay $24,000 – $36,000/yr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long term
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
We've onboarded some of the world's most reputable brands and now we need a Software QA Engineer for one of our clients.
Who you are:
- Must have Node.js & Selenium WebDriverIO experience (1+ years)
- Takes initiative to chase down answers
- TestRail or similar test case management tool
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent working experience
- 2 or more years of experience as a QA Engineer
- Knowledge of mobile and web SDLC
- Able to adapt to changing business and project priorities
- Working embedded within a cross-functional team
- Knowledge of backend SDLC and JIRA task management
- Experience testing SPA
- Salesforce, HubSpot or other CRM Testing Experience
- Postman and knowledge of API simulations
Great to Have:
- Simulating poor network connections with testing tools
- Can build and monitor Test Analytics dashboards
- Omniture & Adobe Target and related Analytics
- A/B Testing Support
- Metabase or related data query tool
What you’ll be working on
Our Client is a technology company based in Los Angeles, California. Their SaaS products are offered through their DBAs and brand names. They are financially independent and have been producing considerable profit for the past 3 years. They’re looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer who will take a key role in their Product Engineering team.
What you will do:
- The QA Engineer will be added to the QA group to take initiative and proactively execute quality best practices, quality process improvement, and advocate for the discipline of quality across the cross-functional team
- For this role, the QA Engineer will perform manual and technical testing with our client’s Development Team
- They will execute feature and regression tests for their assigned project and take direction from their QA lead or Senior QA Engineer
- The QA Engineer will also contribute to test analysis, test design, and functional requirement verification
- Furthermore, they will contribute regression testing, system integration testing, and partner/vendor integration testing using TestRail, Selenium, Jenkins, JIRA and a variety of other QA tools.
- Take ownership of executing assigned tasks
- Test design and test case review
- UI and UX and testing
- Follow up on failed automated tests with manual verification
- Communicate with QA lead and Product Managers of testing status and results
- Contribute to optimizing test case prioritization to increase testing velocity
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the team's quality process
- Proactive in test planning; able to identify and prioritize tasks based on a test plan
- Takes ownership and follow through ticket verification
- Able to prioritize and execute QA tasks with minimal supervision
- Execute tasks from QA lead or above
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
this is a remote position
AddressSan Francisco, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Braintrust
Get fresh Remote Software Tester jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.