Data Warehouse Architect - Remote
Braintrust San Francisco, CA
- Expired: 29 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote. Open to global, but would need significant PST coverage
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100 - $120 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior Data Architect for our client.
Our client is a FinTech startup with some big ideas about how to change the marketing and sales of a $725 billion/ year industry. We believe that everyone deserves a financial safety net and are on a mission to help every person build one.
- You will design an operational data store in Google BigQuery which will aggregate our current 165 tables across 31 databases using a fairly direct replication approach.
- Develop ETL pipelines using Matillion or a similar tool to keep the reporting database current
- Build a few views to support a BI tools such as Looker
- Port a dozen reports currently executed against production to the new system
- Create four dashboards in Looker or alternate BI tool ( Analytical, Strategic, Operational and a Tactical dashboard )
- Document the entire system
- SQL expertise
- Google BigQuery experience
- Experience with Matillion or other ETL tools
- Experience configuring Looker or other main BI tools
- Data warehouse design experience highly desirable
- Skills working with relational and dimensional data models
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation of meetings with customers and technical staff
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
this is a remote position
AddressSan Francisco, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Braintrust