Assistant General Manager
Company: Braintree Hospitality Location: Varies Reports to: General Manager
Classification: Full-time, exempt Benefits: Yes Compensation: DOE
Actively contribute to the overall operation of the hotel, providing strong leadership. Influence and account for cost structure, quality standards, culture, and guest satisfaction. Assist the General Manager in leading, supporting, and clearly communicating goals and expectations that embodies the Braintree Hospitality service culture.
- Drive Braintree Hospitality’s culture personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and associates.
- Lead the operations of housekeeping, maintenance, sales, and front desk departments to maximize financial performance and guest satisfaction while upholding brand standards and driving the Braintree Hospitality’s culture.
- Ensure all departments are profitable and maintain strong working relationships.
- Delegate authority and assign responsibility to reporting managers and supervisors; and supervise work activities of their departments.
- Ensure direct report staff receive proper training for each position, including safety training and standard operating procedures.
- Conduct regular department meetings.
- Manage human resources functions of their reporting departments by controlling turnover, motivating employees, focusing on employee development and retention.
- Respond to guest requests and complaints timely, efficiently, appropriately and in a friendly manner.
- Manage the sourcing, interviewing, culture training and ongoing development of each department, with a focus on team member satisfaction, productivity, and guest satisfaction.
- Prepare weekly schedules for all departments.
- Assist in creating and ensure a realistic and attainable strategic business plan that defines operational goals and profitability objectives.
- Participate in the sales efforts and processes at the hotel, when required.
- Facilitate open employee communication to discern grievances and respond to grievances in appropriate manner including readdressing those meriting correction.
- Always maintain a professional image through appearance and dress.
- Follow Company policies and procedures and effectively communicate them to subordinates.
Operate hotel in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws including OSHA, EEOC, wage and hour, and health code laws.
- General knowledge of all operational job functions.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
- Associate degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management, Business Administration, or Management or similar degree required; or equivalent combination of education and
- Two to four years’ experience in hospitality industry required, five to seven years preferred. Previous supervisory experience required. Previous hotel “brand” experience preferred.
- Possess advanced knowledge of hospitality industry and business management fields
- Possess proficient computer skills including proficient knowledge of MS Office products, knowledge of brand operating systems preferred
- Basic to advanced knowledge of labor analysis and monthly financial analysis
- Knowledge of sales process, client base, and general market knowledge
- Knowledge of revenue management and ability to successfully forecast business on both short-term and long-term basis
- Speak, read, write, and comprehend the English language, proficiently. Ability to speak other languages in a multicultural work environment can be extremely helpful in facilitating good communication among all hotel team members.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and desire to participate as part of a team
- Lead and be a role model for all team members
- Ability to assess/evaluate team member performance in a fair and consistent manner
- Ability to make decisions with only general policies and procedures available for guidance
- Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities and/or information in order to improve new practices or develop new approaches
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
Assistant General Manager may be required to work varying schedules as dictated by the business needs of the hotel. This includes attendance at all scheduled brand and job specific training sessions and meetings. May require overnight travel, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Submit resume and/or application to email@example.com.
Braintree Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or veteran status.