Associate Director, SEO - Remote
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Associate Director, SEO - Remote
Team: Client Services
Reporting to: Group Account Director
Estimated Start: October 2022
Location: Anywhere, Canada OR Anywhere, US
Work Authorization: This role is open to US or Canadian Citizens/Permanent Residents and non-citizens allowed to work for any US or Canadian employer. We are unable to sponsor any work authorizations for this role.
What’s the role?
We’re looking for a curious data lover, search engine enthusiast, and team leader to become our newest Associate Director, SEO! You will be hands-on, in the weeds, leading your team to ensure that clients maintain a strong presence in audiences’ online searches!
So, tell me about the company
Brainlabs is on a mission to build the biggest digital-first media agency in the world.
We hire the top talent in the industry and give them the right training, tools, and culture to do the best work of their career.
As one of the world’s leading independent agencies, our agility and client-centricity allow us to win for clients.
To learn more about what it’s like to be a Brainlabber, check out our company handbook.
What this job is:
- Leading all workstreams for SEO execution on a subset of accounts, including team management and project management
- Developing best practices to ensure product principles are adopted and followed consistently across all teamwork
- Crafting solutions to achieve marketing and business goals utilizing SEO best practices and technology
What this job isn’t:
- Boring. Every task for a client presents new opportunities to learn!
- Lonely. You get to work with a global team of experts to execute new ideas!
- Stagnant. There is so much room for growth at Brainlabs, and we regularly promote current Brainlabbers in order to grow to scale!
Give me a breakdown of what an Associate Direct of SEO at Brainlabs does:
Client Management Responsibilities:
- Owns, manages, and grows client relationships through exceptional communication, account management, and SEO expertise
- Accountable for all action items, as agreed upon with the client
- Provide status on all SEO deliverables, roadblocks, and opportunities for assigned clients to internal and client stakeholders
- Develop relationships with client SEO stakeholders and Brainlabs team members
- Effectively manage capacity by assigning team members to projects and re-allocating assignments when necessary
- Provides actionable feedback through routine collaborative sessions to team members to embolden them to develop an exceptional SEO strategy
- Reviews and approves client presentations, roadmaps, etc., and provides the team with strategic guidance
- Identify opportunities, threats, and risks and carry out or assign actions to minimize threats and maximize opportunities in alignment with Group Account Director (GAD)
- Develop relationships with senior client contacts, discussing business updates, getting feedback, etc.
- Host collaborative and strategic cross-channel integration meetings for clients with omni-channel services
- Manage up to 8 direct reports and mentor indirect mentees utilizing a strengths-based coaching approach
- Cultivates an atmosphere that embraces diversity and inclusion within the team and agency
- Actively participate in wider company initiatives including, but not limited to new business pitches and internal education efforts
- Support, mentor, and delegate work to the account team to prepare them to lead client accounts, including communication, calls, meetings, and emails
- Shares knowledge through developing, improving, and delivering internal training or via external marketing channels (such as public speaking, blog writing, etc.)
- Fosters a cohesive account team culture, communicating team goals and providing constructive feedback
- Hold internal strategy planning sessions with Group Account Director to identify cross-channel opportunities for accounts
- Work with team to provide updates on existing cross-sell opportunities
- Meet with Product Lead(s) to identify new ways of working, and training opportunities, and develop SOPs, templates, etc.
What we really want:
- A team player with a passion for data analysis and search engine optimization!
What particular set of skills would suit this role?
- Strong management, leadership, and delegation skills
- Demonstrated expert of search engine optimization
- Demonstrated expert with SEO tools like Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMrush, Ahrefs, etc.
- Proven organizational, project, and time management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbally, with the ability to provide actionable insights for all levels of an organization
- Possess keen critical thinking and analytical skills
- Proven skills with Microsoft Office and/or Google Business Apps, especially Excel or Google Sheets
- Inspirational leader with demonstrated alignment to our company values
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on digital marketing experience, including an in-depth understanding of analytics tools for SEO, implementation, and performance analysis
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience
- Previous experience with industry-standard SEO tools such as: Screaming Frog, DeepCrawl, Moz, Ahrefs, SEMRush, Majestic, STAT, and BrightEdge
- Proven track record of success meeting client KPIs
- Previous agency experience
- Previous experience participating in prospect pitches
- Preference for management experience within an agency setting or marketing department
How will I know I’m doing it right?
You will be evaluated based on how you live our four core values every day in addition to your work in SEO data analysis, idea-sharing, and client satisfaction!
What happens next
We know searching for a job is tough and that you want to find the best career and employer for you. We also want to ensure that this position is the best fit for both you and us. Therefore, you will participate in a comprehensive interview process that includes skills interviews with our team. The goal of this process is to allow you to get to know us as we learn more about you.
Brainlabs actively seeks and encourages applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and identities.
Thank you for your interest in Brainlabs! We look forward to getting to know you!
When you apply to work at Brainlabs, we may use your application data to make employment decisions, but your data will not be distributed or used elsewhere unless you are hired as an employee. All applications ask for your consent to allow us to process your personal data. However, you have the right to withdraw your information at any point by reaching out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Powered by JazzHR
Get fresh SEO Director jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.