Content Writer (Freelance)
Brainjolt Los Angeles, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
THE COMPANY: BRAINJOLT (brainjoltmedia.com)
Brainjolt wants to surprise and delight everyone who uses the internet. In order to do this, we obsess over beating yesterday, testing everything, and finishing fast. We measure what matters, insatiably tracking the data on the way to results.
We're looking for innovative, experienced writers who know how to create viral quizzes that engage our audiences and articles that are multifaceted (i.e. Rank on Google, resonate with various social audiences & are inherently clickable). You are obsessed with data and work quickly and accurately. You bring expertise, knowledge, and are up to date with the latest trends in pop culture and celebrity.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Freelance Content Writer
- 2+ years' experience creating, writing, and editing engaging online content.
- A creative mind that is interested in current trends and what content will resonate with specific audiences
- A love of everything about quizzes!
- You have a comprehensive knowledge of SEO writing and optimizing, know how to use the Yoast plugin within WordPress, and when looking at an existing article, can immediately find additional ways to improve its ranking or additional ways to optimize it for search engines
- You know how to use Google Trends & SEMrush and can use them to find the proper keywords for optimizations
- You have a strong digital writing background (e-commerce, product, or affiliate writing experience is strongly preferred). You get folks to click, scroll, rinse, repeat.
- Strong understanding of social media marketing and how to use various platforms (Snapchat in particular)
- You’re familiar with standard CMS (WordPress in particular).
- You work well with editors, you take deadlines seriously + can turn around content quickly, and are comfortable taking notes and rewriting as needed.
- Familiarity with Asana is a plus
Brainjolt is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Brainjolt is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Brainjolt is committed to creating an inclusive, safe work environment for all employees. All employment decisions at Brainjolt are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Brainjolt will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Brainjolt encourages applicants of all ages.
This is a remote / telecommute position.
Please note that only candidates with a completed application will be considered for the position.
Powered by JazzHR