A premier financial institution in the beautiful Brainerd Lakes Area of MN is looking to add a marketing manager to their team. This position will be required to live here in the Brainerd area no remote work will be available. This position requires someone who is self motivated and able to work independently as the sole marketing person in the organization. 5+ years of marketing experience is required for the position.
1. Prepare an annual media budget.
2. Coordinate media campaigns designed to sell the banks products and enhance the banks image.
3. Recommend to management advertising mediums that will deliver the banks advertising message with maximum impact at minimum cost.
4. Regulate advertising to ensure that the bank delivers a consistent, coherent, and compliant message to its clients and potential clients.
5. Continually review the effectiveness of the advertising through the use of focus groups, customer surveys, and other data gathering tools. Report periodically the effectiveness of campaigns to corporate management.
6. Maintain files of all advertisements for regulatory purposes.
B. Public Relations
1. Establish and maintain positive relationships with local media including print, radio, and television.
2. Prepare and issue all news releases regarding bank operations and activities.
3. Advise and prepare officers, board members, and employees for interviews, speeches, and presentations.
4. Attend internal and external meetings, seminars, conventions, and other gatherings to expand professional expertise and maintain professional contacts that support assigned functions.
5. Maintain a wide variety of contacts within and outside the bank, coordinating marketing activities, promoting services, exchanging information, and representing the bank at civic functions and in professional organizations.
6. Represent the bank and provide leadership in key community activities including business, charitable, civic, and social organizations.
7. Coordinate special events in which the bank is involved - city-sponsored festivals, charitable activities, bank-sponsored events.
8. Keep bank personnel informed of upcoming community events.
1. In consultation with management, develop short- and long-term goals, objectives, and priorities for the banks marketing, public relations, and advertising functions.
2. Develop and implement a calling program utilizing employees to solicit the business of bank customers and prospective customers.
3. Analyze and report on competitor and industry trends.
4. Review and analyze competitor products and fees.
5. Maintain current information on area demographics.
6. Coordinate a marketing program to establish, maintain, and solidify corporate customer business relationships.
7. Provide input to the product planning process.
8. Make calls on targeted prospective customers.
9. Train bank employees on effective cross-selling and calling practices.
10. Maintain constant exposure of the banks products and services to prospective clients through use of direct mailings and newsletters.