A local unit of Government located in the Brainerd Lakes Area is looking to add a building professional to their team. Position is required to live here in the Brainerd Lakes area and candidate must possess the qualified skills below to be considered.
Position Objective: Performs work involving administration of the State building inspection program, which includes, but is not limited to: 1) Plan review and approval, 2) inspection of structures to ensure compliance with the State building codes, 3) issuing correction notices, 4) inspection of new construction sites at various project phases, and 5) provide solutions to contractors to resolve code compliance issues and explain changes to, architects, contractors and the general public. Administers building codes, mechanical codes, plumbing codes, rental housing code, building maintenance code, FOG inspections, subsurface sewage treatment systems, Minnesota State Electrical Code, and other related city codes. Supervisor of any building related inspectors hired by the City. Oversees support staff related to functions of the building division, as required to maintain state approved inspections program and to provide a customer service oriented inspection program.
Job Functions: The essential job functions listed below are intended to describe the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of other duties not listed does not exclude them if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
1. Perform plan review for commercial and residential applications to ensure they meet building, and related code requirements prior to permit issuance.
2. Communicate plan changes to contractors/applicants.
3. Verifies value of construction.
4. Provide concise and accurate verbal and written communication with contractors, designers, developers, and the general public in a timely professional manner.
5. Advise and assist contractors, developers, designers, and the general public in matters relative to construction and code application.
1. Must possess a valid Minnesota driver’s license.
2. Experience with Microsoft Office products.
3. Five years of experience as a building official.
4. Two-year degree in related field or Building Inspection Technology Certificate.
5. Certified Building Official by the State of Minnesota and SSTS license.
6. Minimum Fire Inspector One certification by the State of Minnesota.
7. All required licenses and certifications must be maintained active and valid by the employee.