Software Engineer - United States/Puerto Rico
BrainHi San Juan, PR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At BrainHi, we are a relentlessly customer-focused team that is re-engineering the way businesses communicate with their clients by adding superpowers to their communications. As a Software Engineer, you will be building, maintaining and operating the systems that help these businesses communicate with their clients and patients. You will participate in quarterly and weekly planning with the rest of the Product & Engineering team, and help deliver the work planned for our weekly sprints.
We're looking for a Software Engineer with experience delivering constant product value to end-users at a fast paced environment. You should be comfortable in a collaborative environment with strong communication skills. You'll get to work with a modern tech stack; we are currently running mostly React and Django.
COVID-19 has changed the way the world works. At BrainHi, we have transitioned from being a co-located team in Puerto Rico to a distributed team across a couple of timezones. We expect this to continue for the near-future and expect you to be fully remote during this time.
- Help establish the Roadmap for the Product & Engineering Team based on technology and our needs.
- Write readable, well-tested and well-documented code across BrainHi's services and repositories. We're not perfectionists, but we strive for excellence and our codebase has very strong test coverage.
- Participate in Code Reviews to share your knowledge and improve our code quality. We use Github to host our repositories, and encourage strong CI/CD practices across our services.
- Participate in our Weekly On-Call rotation. We strive for engineering excellence and follow modern observability practices. As the engineer on-call, you will be our first line of defense in supporting the rest of BrainHi and any potential issues in our production environment.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, our product manager, and other team members to tackle the challenges of our users and improve our product.
- Write clear design documentation and uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design. We're big fans of Notion and during our shift to remote-first have relied on strong documentation as part of our communication workflow.
- 3+ years of software engineering industry experience. If you don't have the years of experience but are still interested, send us an email anyway and let us know why you'd be a great fit for BrainHi.
- Experience working with a web applications that meet systemic goals of high availability, low latency, resiliency and quality in a cloud environment.
- Experience working with PostgreSQL, MySQL or a similar relational databases.
Nice to haves
- Proficiency working with Python 3 and Django.
- Experience working with AWS Services like Fargate, SQS and RDS.
- Interest in and/or experience with communications, multi-user and telephony systems is a plus.
- Experience working with modern infrastructure and tools. We're hosted on AWS and use Terraform to provision our infrastructure.
- Paid Time Off
- Work From Home
- Private Health Insurance
- Stock Option Plan
BrainHi is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind: BrainHi is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at BrainHi are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. BrainHi will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. BrainHi encourages applicants of all ages.
AddressSan Juan, PR
TechnologyView all jobs at BrainHi