Associate Technical Support Engineer
- $48,000 to $58,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Position: Associate Technical Support Engineer/Full-Time
Company: Brain Vision LLC
Place of Employment: Garner, NC (Headquarters)
Salary Range: $48k - $58k
Brain Vision LLC is a US company that sells and supports neurophysiological research solutions. We are a mid- sized company established in 2004 as a subsidiary of Brain Products GmbH, and we have many exceptional partners around the world including Brain Products, EasyCap, NIRx, CGX, BESA, CREmedical, movisens, neuroCare, PST, and many more.
Brain Vision LLC strives to provide researchers with the best tools and support to address their research goals. As the US distributor of state-of-the-art neurophysiological research solutions, our goal is to help our customers become more successful in their research areas.
We are headquartered in the Garner area of North Carolina, but many of our team members work remotely from other locations in the US within a short distance to research hubs and major airports. We have a friendly team atmosphere and advanced cloud-based tools essential for remaining connected with the team and our customers while working remotely.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package for full-time employees including:
• Competitive salary
• Flexible schedules
• 401k plan with company match
• Premium health insurance including dental, vision, short and long-term disability insurance, and basic life insurance
• Generous leave policies (holiday, vacation, sick/personal, parental) and Equal Time (a travel related benefit)
• Company paid travel expenses plus per diem bonus (Event Coordinator arranges travel accommodations and transportation)
The Associate Technical Support Engineer position serves on the Support Team, and reports to the Scientific Sales Director. This position collaborates with Scientific Consultants, the Admin team, and Logistics to deliver excellent customer service to customers in need of technical service and support. This position requires extensive hands-on training with scientific equipment during the first year. The core responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Troubleshoot, diagnose, and document issues with equipment sent into our office for testing.
· Repair and update equipment as necessary. Soldering may be required.
· Communicate and document testing and repairs within shared company software platforms.
· Occasionally interface directly with customers via email, phone, or video chat to remotely troubleshoot and address issues.
· Assist in developing and refining troubleshooting flowcharts to be used internally and/or externally.
· Stay up to date with manufacturer documentation (read manuals and press releases, watch videos and webinars); follow the latest testing and repair protocols.
· Assist the Marketing Team with producing internal and external support documentation materials, including scripting and executing photo/video shoots.
· Occasionally join Scientific Consultants on lab installation and training visits at customer sites assisting with technical setup and troubleshooting in person.
· Assist the Support Admin in managing the Support workflow, workload, and participate in Support Team meetings.
· Assist with collecting data and statistics about support requests.
· Occasionally join the Scientific Consultant meetings to stay up to date about equipment changes and customer usage patterns.
· Experience using and maintaining sensitive electronic equipment.
· Basic Electrical Engineering experience.
· Excellent communication, teamwork, interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
· Attention to detail, solution-oriented, and team player mindset.
· Competency with Microsoft Office365, and other common programs.
· Ability to understand, translate, and document highly technical topics into plain written and spoken English (fluency in English).
· Currently authorized to work in the US.
· A valid US driver's license; must be authorized to legally drive in the US and able to rent a vehicle. This is necessary of business travel to customer trainings, support visits, conferences or demonstrations.
Additional preferred qualifications include:
· Experience with equipment from Brain Products and/or other manufacturers we represent.
Career progression opportunities
· Technical Support Engineer
· Technical Support Manager
· Subject Matter Expert (SME) Roles
· Associate Scientific Consultant
How to apply:
If you meet the above requirements and are enthusiastic about helping Brain Vision LLC make a positive impact on the future of neuroscience, then please apply via this job posting, including your CV and a cover letter. The cover letter should explain how you meet the job requirements and include your desired starting salary.
If you have any issues applying, please contact Kathy Wood, PHR, Brain Vision HR Generalist at HR@BrainVision.com.
Brain Vision is an equal opportunity employer. We base all hiring decisions on nondiscriminatory factors.
Brain Vision LLC
515 N. Greenfield ParkwayGarner, NC
Get fresh Associate Technical Support Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.