We currently are seeking a Driver (10 to 12 hours per week) at our Santa Barbara Regional Center. This position is responsible for:
- Transporting students, staff and others as necessary to and from the Santa Barbara facility and other locations in a safe and timely manner;
- Drive students and others for specific field trips;
- Assist with the inspection and maintenance of the vehicle fleet, including visual inspection of each vehicle used and maintain their cleanliness.
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- One to two years of experience operating public or private vehicles to transport passengers;
- Class B driver license with passenger endorsement, clean driving record;
- CPR & First Aid certified; Current Medical Card;
- Ability to lift 40lbs and able to push or pull up to 80lbs; ability to make minor repairs as necessary.
Braille Institute is an equal opportunity employer (EEOC). We offer an excellent environment. Qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter .