We have a new and exciting opportunity to serve as a full-time Project Accountant within our organization. If you’re looking for a rewarding opportunity and want to be part of a premier company with continued growth expected for the next 10-15 years – apply now!
Brahms Construction is a premier, St. Louis based company with extensive experience in the construction industry, and a proven track record of senior living communities and other commercial construction projects. At Brahms, we take great pride in delivering a quality, finished project - on time and on budget. Our projects combine sophisticated, modern building practices with reliable materials and expert skill.
Our goal is to foster an environment of unsurpassed organic growth and advancement opportunity, supported by a superior merit-based financial reward structure.
About the role…
As a Project Accountant, you will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate financial records are maintained for individual construction jobs/projects and business operations. You will lead job costing and ensure proper financial processes and controls are implemented and followed to ensure accurate financial reporting.
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field with 2+ years experience in construction / project accounting and AIA pay application processing.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties associated with the accounting role: Setup new construction jobs in accounting system, enter and maintain job budgets, ensure vendor contracts, change orders, lien waivers, and insurance certificates are properly executed, obtained, and filed.
- Review invoices and vendor pay applications for appropriate documentation and approval prior to entry into accounting system.
- Develop and maintain accounting practices, policies and procedures to ensure accurate and appropriate recording of all transactions, reliable financial records and timely financial reporting.
- Maintain an accurate general ledger (reconcile direct, indirect and G&A cost allocations within the general ledger), properly record job costs, reconcile bank accounts and manage the accounts payable and accounts receivable processes.
- Prepare and report individual job/project results, and results for Key Performance Indicators.
- Implement and maintain a system for periodic updates to estimated costs to complete projects and estimated revenue at completion that drives accurate calculations and reporting of Work-in-Progress, revenue, accounts receivable, un-billed accounts receivable, and billings in excess of cost, as well as reliable forecasts of profitability.
- Invoice customers via AIA pay application, process cash disbursements, review and process credit card expenses and requests for expense reimbursement, assist in W-9 collection and 1099 maintenance.
- Respond to vendor inquiries, reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills, accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, mathematical and data analysis skills.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Exhibit high level of organization and attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written forms.
- Must have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations, to be flexible, to work well with many interruptions and have skill in multi-tasking.
- Exhibit and promote a high level of customer service, curiosity and friendliness towards all vendors, customers, coworkers and leadership team.
- Computer skills: proficiency using Word, Excel, Outlook, and accounting-based software (Viewpoint preferred).
- Self-motivated to accomplish identified goals with a strong sense of accountability for results.
Brahms offers a full benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, LTD, STD, life insurance, 401k and much more.
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.