Manager Accountant - Tax/Audit
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Managers may work as the engagement lead or under the direct supervision of Senior Managers dependent upon the nature of the client engagement. Managers must have strong communication skills as they interact with both the client and firm team members. They also must have excellent organizational skills as they coordinate several engagements simultaneously while meeting set deadlines. They train and lead senior associates and associates, instruct them in work to be performed, review the work completed, provide feedback, and direct necessary revisions.
- Works as part of a team to provide audit engagement and/or tax services for clients
- Tax: Reviews mid to high level business tax and individual income tax returns
- Tax: Advises clients regarding a full spectrum of tax services
- Tax: Oversees complex tax research projects
- Tax: Manages tax accounting projects to meet client needs within a specified time frame
- Audit: Lead audit engagement teams to ensure all components of the audit are performed including gathering information from the client, leading planning meetings, performing risk assessment, overseeing fieldwork procedures, and seeing the audit report through to final issuance
- Oversees and reviews work of Senior Associates and Associates including training and mentoring
- Uses excellent judgment and analysis to prepare and review accounting-related reports and provide financial analysis in an effort to improve client internal controls and accounting procedures
- Manages client relationships by monitoring client needs
- Is a key point of contact for the client on day-to-day accounting matters
- Provides feedback to Senior Managers and Shareholders
- Participates in the area of business development
- Utilized cloud-based technology and other audit software
- Seeks out opportunities to improve the client relationship and cross sell other BMA services
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business required, a Bachelors in Accounting preferred
- 5+ years of accounting required including experience managing staff, preferably in public accounting
- Licensed CPA or CMA license preferred
- Understanding of GAAP and GAAS
- Strong technology skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally
- Team player
- Ability to think innovatively
Health insurance; dental insurance; vision insurance; an employer funded profit-sharing plan with a 401(k) option (upon meeting eligibility requirements), group term life insurance, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a flexible time off and paid leave program.
Brady Martz and AssociatesMinot, ND
Finance and Insurance
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.