Quality Assurance Manager
Brad's Plant Based Pipersville, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) Manager
Responsible for planning and directing quality assurance, quality control, food safety, gluten free, kosher, organic and sanitation management policies, programs, and initiatives. Directs process and product testing to ensure quality standards are met during production. Initiate and implement quality improvement activities as appropriate to raise the performance of the company’s product lines. Educate and train employees as to their impact in the quality management system.
• Serve as a subject matter expert for all Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Food Safety, Gluten Free and Sanitation Management related trends, regulations, and legislation, maintaining a high level of expertise on all food safety and quality related subjects, including key role in the definition of “raw”.
• Develop and maintain working relationships with appropriate regulatory agencies, working as a reputable senior liaison in regards to Quality and Food Safety matters.
• Develop benchmarking and metrics for Company Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Food Safety, and Sanitation Management performance through interaction with industry peers.
• Responsible for maintaining and upgrading (HACCP) procedures, and observing and enforcing overall food safety and GMP’s, GFCO and sanitation effectiveness program.
• Develop quality planning methods for all product lines.
• Develop process certification standards and direct/oversee process certification.
• Oversee calibration and testing programs to ensure compliance with regulations, and the advancement of product safety for our consumers.
• Oversee and manage QC and Sanitation Lead’s daily activities. Provide guidance to determine staffing needs, allocate workload, and lead quality team members.
• Set challenging, reasonable performance expectations for microbiological performance, foreign material control, regulatory compliance, HACCP and SQF programs.
• Drive continuous improvement in the areas of Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Food Safety, and Sanitation Management by setting goals and identifying key performance indicators in this area of the business.
• Work directly with Operations management and in conjunction with R&D, Purchasing, Logistics, and other departments to provide guidance and assure implementation and adherence to quality programs.
• Monitor vendor performance and establish criteria and rating system for critical vendors.
• Coordinate mock recalls for all manufacturing locations, warehouse and distribution centers.
• Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
• Review suppliers and establish supplier quality requirements.
• Manage and audit HACCP program compliance internally; audit external suppliers as needed. Participate in internal and external quality audits.
• Manage and audit Organic, Gluten Free and Kosher compliances internally.
• Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality control and ensure that effective correction action is implemented.
• Manage the investigation and reporting of quality issues and implementation of internal audit control processes.
• Write and develop new procedures to ensure production of quality products.
• Direct activities that will lead to food safety management system certification, Safe Quality Food (SQF). Build a food safety management system that includes all the required processes and requirements defined in the SQF Code. Fulfill role as designated SQF Practitioner in the company.
• Serve as food science subject matter expert in Research and Development endeavors.
Brad's Plant BasedWhy Work Here?
Fast growing consumer packaged goods company with a core mission of making a positive difference with healthy organic food.
Brad's Plant Based is the leading organic real vegetable snack brand and manufacturer in the U.S.
7034 Easton Road PipersvillePipersville, PA
TechnologyView all jobs at Brad's Plant Based