Clinic Manager (RHC)
- Expired: May 21, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Summary: Provides quality management oversight in the areas of access, financial performance, clinical effectiveness and patient, physician, and employee satisfaction in order to ensure successful clinic operations and maximum quality patient care.
- Actively leads and involves employees in staff meetings at least quarterly, preferably monthly, shares financial performance as appropriate and encourages employees to take personal ownership for the outcome of the clinic.
- Responsible for employee hiring, developing job descriptions, on-time employee evaluations, disciplinary actions and termination in accordance to policies, procedures and guidelines. Utilized Human Resources as appropriate.
- Leads and oversees all activities for clinic, evaluating effectiveness and modifying duties as necessary to insure clinic operational efficiency.
- Identifies and develops the clinical, clerical and technical needs of employees on an on-going basis.
- Prepares and implements an annual business plan that adds value to the practice. The business plan will include goals and objectives for areas such as marketing, staff/physician recruitment, revenue enhancement opportunities, clinical care initiatives, etc. The results (achievement of goals/objectives) and status of the business plan are discussed at least quarterly with supervisor and physician and modified as necessary.
- Actively identifies and addresses personnel issues within the clinic and coordinates with HR as appropriate. Turnover remains within acceptable rates as determined by the organization.
- Recognizes the importance of patient satisfaction engaging employees in all aspects of customer service to include: involvement/ownership in patient satisfaction survey process and appropriate "on-stage" behavior. Involves employees in the development and implementation of action plans for anything falling below Practice Plus survey targets.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with clinic providers and staff. Actively collaborates with providers to meet both the clinical and financial goals of the clinic. Anticipates needs and is responsive to providers.
- Create a sense of ownership and pride in work areas to create a professional appearing, clean and orderly facility, i.e. staff work stations and break rooms, patient wait rooms and patient care areas.
- Actively participates in annual budget process. Analyzes historical data as appropriate and compares to future projections. Provides budget data in a timely; manner and according to schedule. Completes performances as necessary. Budget is monitored and actively used throughout the year.
- Directs or assists with agenda driven monthly financial and operational meetings; generates and reviews financial reports in preparation for financial meetings.
- Implements and monitors insurance accounts receivable management per the "Best Billing Practice Standards". Accounts receivable results show continual improvement.
- Ensures timely and accurate billing is in place for maximum reimbursement, such as electronic billing, posting, charges and payments; adherence to correct billing per contracted insurance and federal/state program guidelines and the adherence to updated ICD-9-CM and CPT coding guidelines
- Implements and monitors patient accounts receivable management per the "Best Billing Practice Standards". Patient receivables show continual progress downward with effective over-the-counter processes in place; evidence of consistently worked payment plans, efficient internal collections process, timely processing of accounts requiring outside collections and declining unapplied credits.
- Adheres to Internal Control Policies for Cash Handling Procedures and Cash Receipts, including daily deposits.
- Actively works with physicians and staff in the development and implementation of schedules to improve patient access, plans implementation of new processes, meets with vendors and Purchasing Manager in order to enhance current processes and any new revenue opportunities and upgrade processes for improving old revenue streams.
- Actively seeks ways to control expense by closely monitoring of expenses and thinking of innovative ways for expense control.
- Works in concert with the credentialing department to ensure all information needed is received timely. Completes all recredentialing for carriers and hospital privileges timely to ensure there is not an interruption in payment due to a lapse in physician's status.
- Works closely with risk management following their directives to ensure compliance with all federal and state agencies (CLIA, OSHA, DEA, HIPAA, etc.).
- Performs all other task as required or assigned by their supervisor.
Bachelors in Management or related field preferredMinimum 3-5 years health care management experience Proven financial management skills, excellent communication/leadership ability, and knowledge of all clinic operations such as billing/coding, accounting and medical software systems
Americans With Disabilities Act 1993
Position Title: Clinic Manager
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Please Check One For Each Section
In a Typical Work Shift:
NEVER OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTLY CONTINUALLY
1-33% 33-66% 67-100%
Hand / Finger Use
Bend / Stoop
High Precarious Places
Lift, Carry, Push, Pull-on a Daily Basis:
Max. 10 lbs.
Max. 20 lbs.
Max. Over 50 lbs.
Work Involves Being:
Temp. 32 degrees
Temp. 100 degrees
Wet & Humid Condition
Moving Mechanical Parts
Fumes / Airborne Particles
HAZARD EXPOSURE MUST BE ABLE:
Infectious Waste Yes No X See X Use Both Hands X
Toxic Chemicals Yes No X
Chemotherapeutics Yes No X Hear X Use One Hand ____
Radiation Yes No X
Vibration Risk Yes No X Speak X
Electrical Shock Risk Yes X No __
Explosives Yes No X
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITY
Never Sometimes Always
Ability to read, write & communicate English
Ability to be licensed & drive, vehicle
Ability to accommodate overnight stay
Ability to accommodate land & air travel
Ability to move freely throughout office
Ability to stand for long periods of time
Ability to sit for long periods of time
Ability to perform basic math skills
Ability to enter alpha/ numeric data
Ability to apply basic computer skills
Ability to learn & teach skills
Ability to work with confidential sources
Ability to follow supervision / directions
Bradley County Medical Center
HealthcareView all jobs at Bradley County Medical Center