We are seeking a Family Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to become a part of our team! We focus on providing high quality patient care as part of a healthcare team. This practitioner will be seeing children and adolescents, treating a wide range of mental health issues, such as ADHD, PTSD, anxiety, depression, bipolar and substance abuse.
This well-established hospital system located in S Coastal Maine is seeking a Family Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to join their team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing practice that allows flexibility and autonomy while also providing the clinical support needed to deliver exceptional patient care.
- Treat a wide range of mental health issues: responsible for assessing, diagnosing and medical management of their patients.
- Diagnose and treat acute, episodic or chronic illnesses
- Prescribe all necessary medications and treatments
- Perform comprehensive physical examinations of patients
- Develop and implement patient management policies and procedures
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Communicate with collaborating physician or specialist regarding patient care
Work a Monday to Friday work schedule with no weekend or call hours. The hospital offers a very strong benefit package, generous time off and a competitive starting salary.
- Be certified as a Family Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- Have 2 + years’ experience
- Might consider a strong new graduate
- Have or qualify for a Maine License.
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Play where you work. S Coastal Maine has something for everyone for year round activities. You are close to the beaches and White Mountains and only 90 minutes from Boston.