The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner/ PMHNP job description
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established Human Service Agency which has been serving their area of Vermont for 50 years. They provide a number of services that include Adult Mental Health Services, Addictions Services Suicide Prevention, Community Rehabilitation Therapy (CRT) Intellectual and Developmental Services (IDDS)
40 hours/week, 8:30am to 5:30pm
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Responsibilities:
- Will perform psychiatric nursing assessments
- Individual psychotherapy, couples & family therapy
- In collaboration with the staff psychiatrist perform psychiatric nursing assessments
- Diagnosis acute and chronic psychiatric and mental health issues
- Prescribe necessary medications
- Assist patients and families in understanding the diagnosis treatment and medications needed for success.
The PMHNP’s Requirements:
- Needs a calming and steady manner to work with patients that suffer with a wide range of mental health issue
- Vermont license as a nurse practitioner in psychiatric & mental health nursing - preference for certification in both adult & child/adolescent areas
- Two or more years’ experience in provision of public or private mental/behavioral health clinical services. Would consider a strong new graduate depending on previous nursing experience.
- Very competitive salary
- Generous time off
- Loan Repayment/ Sign on Bonus
Small town living in the Northeast area of Vermont, this area has something for everyone. 2 hours from Montreal, close to New Hampshire. Close to many well know universities, offers many outdoor activities and an hour from Burlington for a more urban entertainment.