LABORER JOB DESCRIPTION
Reports to: Leadman/ Foreman/Superintendent
Job Classification: Hourly Updated: 11-5-2018
Brad Cole Construction Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.
Laborers will work under the direct supervision of the jobsite foreman, superintendent, and project manager. The laborer is responsible for tasks involving physical labor and may include lifting, pulling, digging, cleaning work sites, maintaining and cleaning equipment and tools.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work effectively to ensure deadlines of job are met.
• Perform daily tool inspection checks. Report any malfunctions of tools or problems to immediate supervisor.
• Maintain cleanliness at jobsite.
• Ensure tools are clean, properly shut down and stored at the end of the shift.
• Maintain accurate logs and records.
• Fueling of equipment.
• Adhere to corporate safety policies and procedures at all times.
• Use tools in a safe manner in order to minimize the risk of injury and property damage.
• Wear all company required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Perform related duties and responsibilities as required by supervisor.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
• This position requires working in external environment.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Must be able to listen, follow directions and communicate effectively with others
• Must be able to wear mandatory Personal Protective Equipment including at a minimum: steel toed boots, safety vest, hard hat, eye protection, and hearing protection.
• Must possess knowledge of tools, equipment and workplace safety.
• Must demonstrate skills in communications and teamwork.
• Must be able to lift, pull and manage heavy equipment and objects up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to work outdoors in exposure to extreme heat and cold.
• Must be able to take company required precautions to be protected from irritants due to possible exposure to eye, nose and skin irritants
• Stress level may be increased due to schedule of work and demands of completing task safety and on time.
• Must be able to climb ladders and climb up to and into cabs on heavy equipment.
• Must be able to walk over uneven and broken ground.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The position lifts heavy objects, walks and stands for long periods of time and performs strenuous
physical labor under adverse field conditions. The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries
objects; uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue; and
effectively jumps, sprints or throws objects. The position requires good manual dexterity (hand,
hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limbed coordination. The position requires the ability to
quickly move arms and legs. The employee must have excellent stamina.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This position frequently requires long hours night, holidays and/or weekends may be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are Heavy Civil Construction and Sitework experts, but we specialize in providing peace of mind. We work throughout the Southeast region and are licensed in ten states, including Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Virginia. Our project experience and resources enable us to deliver a wide range of heavy civil and site construction services to multiple industries.
Every year for the past 30 years we have been the general contractor on major dam and reservoir projects, and for the last two decades we have maintained a presence on large power generation sites throughout the Southeast. For retail, commercial and industrial projects we operate as a turnkey site contractor providing complete site development. Brad Cole Construction has the experience and resources to get the job done right. We provide strength you can build on.