FIELD ENGINEER JOB DESCRIPTION
Reports to: Project Manager
Job Classification: FT Hourly (Non-Exempt)
Brad Cole Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.
A Field Engineer will work under general supervision of the Field Management Team (PM’s/SPM’s) through which work assignments are delegated with field objectives and strategy as key drivers. Significant emphasis will be placed on managing the sequencing scope of work schedule, monitoring scope to budget constraints and ensuring daily production reporting flows with phases and schedule.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in field management of construction project. This includes but is not limited to:
• Maintain project schedules with input from field team members
• Assist the development of bidding phase Scope of Work documents for subcontractor and vendor packages
• Support shop drawing review, submittal and specification confirmation.
• Responsible for management of Requests for Information (RFI) and follow up correspondence
• Responsible for tracking (log) for submittals/project contract drawings and specifications
• Creation and distribution of meeting Agenda’s and Meeting minutes
• Review and execution of Subcontractor Change Order Requests
• Support Superintendents as required
• Ability to review and comprehend architectural/engineering and mechanical drawings and specifications.
• Demonstrate flexibility to respond to changes in Field scope and corresponding demands for those changes.
• Must possess strong organizational skills and can prioritize tasks to effectively handle deadline pressures without creating workflow problems for other Field tasks.
• Solidify and maintain good subcontractor and vendor relationships.
• Ability to work on multiple projects in any given period.
• Work with internal and external sources to ensure projects are completed according to plans
• Provide overall support to construction and project development efforts
• Support project team achieve schedules of milestones and production goals.
• Facilitate PO and subcontracts into commitment with support of accounting.
• Assist Project Management team to ensure subcontractor execution of the contract.
• Assist in the review/handling of subcontractor invoices.
• Assist in the development of Project billing.
• Monitor contract performance to ensure scope, schedule, budget, and customer expectations are maintained or exceeded.
• Help coordinate close-out activities.
• Assure the scope, schedule and quality of the Field are achieved.
• Coordinate equipment utilization.
• Assist in developing scopes, cost proposals, and schedule for all change orders and modifications to the contract.
• Monitor, review and correct daily reports.
• Track quantities and maintain data logs.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering (Preferred)
• Presentation and negotiation skills
• Action oriented with strong problem-solving abilities
• Willingness and ability to travel
• Positive attitude
• Computer skills with experience with Microsoft Office
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
• This position requires working at a construction jobsite.
• Communication typically occurs through face-to-face interaction, as well as via e-mail, telephone and written correspondence. This job also requires the ability to use other office equipment such as copier, fax machine, etc.
• Work in a team environment with multiple personnel and on an individual basis with minimal contact on occasion
• This position requires a flexible work schedule and on occasion and may require evening, night and weekend schedules.
PHYSICAL / MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
• Requires considerable concentration and focus. Position is subject to stress caused by a changing environment, diversity in the organization, tight deadlines and workload
• Normal concentration/intensity
• Requires ability to absorb considerable daily information and the ability to recall key points and facts of conversations and data flow
• Good decision-making capability
• Standard physical mobility, which includes ability to move from place to place on the job site. This may include movement by site vehicle, UTV and pedestrian walkways. Note: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Must have be able to handle routine lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects including such computers, peripherals and binders of documents
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are Heavy Civil Construction and Sitework experts, but we specialize in providing peace of mind. We work throughout the Southeast region and are licensed in ten states, including Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Virginia. Our project experience and resources enable us to deliver a wide range of heavy civil and site construction services to multiple industries.
Every year for the past 30 years we have been the general contractor on major dam and reservoir projects, and for the last two decades we have maintained a presence on large power generation sites throughout the Southeast. For retail, commercial and industrial projects we operate as a turnkey site contractor providing complete site development. Brad Cole Construction has the experience and resources to get the job done right. We provide strength you can build on.