Social Media Specialist
Brackish Charleston, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Social Media Specialist is a “social media aficionado” who understands the Brackish brand and is passionate and committed to achieving superior customer engagement across multiple social media channels and customer segments. In this role, you will write copy, post content, including images, text and video, to introduce and enhance the Brackish brand, and encourage others to join the conversation by sharing texts about personal experiences with the company and/or specific products. You will tenaciously follow conversations on social media channels and softly interact to build communities of Brackish followers. Your ultimate goal is to increase revenues by optimizing the company’s social media presence and following.
What You Will Do
1. In collaboration with Brackish leadership, develop and execute a Brackish social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification; use these platforms to connect with target customers and allow direct optimal interaction
2. Seek original venues and mediums to communicate the Brackish voice in engaging ways across all social media platforms
3. Create and maintain company social media pages and profiles on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Tik Tok, You Tube
4. Create and implement a social media marketing plan and editorial calendar
5. Generate, edit, publish, and share content daily (original text, images, video, and HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take positive actions on Brackish
6. Build meaningful connections and encourage community members through dialog and messaging
7. Moderate user-generated content and messages appropriately, based on company and community policies
8. Track and analyze analytical reports to gain insight on traffic, demographics, and effectiveness; utilize this information to positively affect future outcomes
9. Assist Marketing, as requested, in crafting copy for email and digital ads
10. Assist with crisis management, unwelcome reviews, and negative news communications
11. Continuously improve the social media strategy and plans by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
12. Collaboratively work with colleagues in marketing, merchandising, sales and customer service to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions
Bachelor's degree required; prefer degree in Business, Marketing, Media Communications, Journalism, Graphic Arts or Data Analytics
Required Skills & Qualifications
· 1-2 years’ experience in digital marketing and social media
· Strong working knowledge of business applications of social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tik Tok, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
· Facile in project management, meeting deadlines and multitasking
· Able to identify social media metrics and website analytics specific to Brackish, interpret the results and take action to increase effectiveness of social media campaigns
· Understands the nuances and differences of each social media channel and how to extend reach in the most authentic way possible
· Skilled at developing creative, organic copy and content
· Working knowledge of Adobe Suite – InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator/Premier (preferred)
· Resourceful - always thinking of easy organic ways to create content
· Thinks outside the box and prides themselves on doing things differently than traditional big company approaches
· Ready, willing, and able to be “on call” after traditional business hours: posting at optimal times and replying/engaging with followers/customers in a timely manner on nights/weekends
· Strong work ethic and curiosity
· Eager to be a part of small team dedicated to growth, both internal and external
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter explaining why you are a fit for this role, 3 sample social media posts you authored and a current resume.
BrackishWhy Work Here?
Able to work with a great team in a fast paced and rapidly growing company that makes exquisite products in Charleston, SC.
Brackish is more than a fashion company. We are a group of people passionate about handcrafted all-natural products that are distinct from the rest. Each of our pieces is fueled by passion and purpose and tells a story. What started as a thoughtful groom’s gift between friends has evolved into a global brand, featured in over 500 retailers - including Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and Orvis. Respectfully repurposing the beauty of nature continues to be the company's goal, while always continuing to innovate. We aim for greatness but have an appreciation for the journey. Brackish has been featured in Forbes, Vanity Fair, Southern Living, Martha Stewart Weddings, Garden & Gun, People Magazine, and many more.