Brabazon is looking for a full-time Leak Audit Technician in our Chicago, IL location.
You will be responsible for interacting with our customers to provide excellent customer service and works closely with the Service Manager to provide a professional review of the customers’ existing compressed air system. Provides air leak audits at customer sites and makes repairs as necessary for compliance with industrial energy saving programs
This job is for you if you:
· Want fulfilling work that allows you to provide customers with the results they need
· Have a talent for troubleshooting and a strong mechanical aptitude
· Are self-motivated, organized and punctual
· Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on safety
- High School Diploma / GED equivalent is required; however, a 2-year degree or certificate in pipefitting is preferred.
- Work experience in pipefitting could be substituted for certification program.
- Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, and CRM.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of customer service.
- Ability to work as a team with internal and external staff members.
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Good mechanical understanding/aptitude.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
· The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, occasionally up to 100 pounds.
· Ability to work in an industrial environment with continuous walking, bending, reaching, climbing, and kneeling.
· Must wear and use proper PPE at all times.
You will be successful in this role if you:
· Communicate professionally and courteously
· Have excellent customer service and time management skills
· Are adaptable and resourceful in finding solutions
· Maintain a high attention to detail and can multi-task and prioritize
Your daily work in this role will include:
- Perform leak audits at customer facilities to detect, prevent and eliminate compressed air leaks
- Directly make or assist the customers maintenance team in making same-day repairs as identified by the air lead audit
- Identify air leaks that require additional site visits and ensure completion in a time frame acceptable to leak repair programs
- Document and prepare reporting for state agencies and/or utility companies to ensure compliance with energy saving programs
- Assists the Pipe Installation Technician on active projects by following piping schematics and performing the actual assembly of piping systems.
· Identify customer who could benefit from additional energy saving options including zero loss drains, low pressure drop filters, high efficiency air nozzles, etc
As you progress in this role, there will be additional functions that provide opportunities for personal growth and development. Our goal is to provide a challenging and motivating work experience for all our team members.
At Brabazon, you are part of a family. Owned and operated by family since the beginning, we want to preserve that supportive family feel for everyone on the team. We value and care about our team members. We respect everyone’s need for work-life balance, because we too have important personal and family responsibilities. We strive to be owners who are down-to-earth and approachable. We work right alongside our team members, doing our part like everyone else so that we as a team can meet the needs of all the customers who are depending on us.
We are proud of and passionate about:
- Being a team of experts in our industry who always put the customer first
- Having a growth mindset, continually innovating and utilizing up-to-date technology
- Ensuring a friendly, respectful and safe work environment that emphasizes team collaboration
Benefits you will receive include company van, company provided uniforms, health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, PTO, holiday pay, and a 401(k) program with an 100% employer match on the first 3% and 50% on the next 2% .
Brabazon Pump, Compressor and Vacuum