Human Resource Generalist
Brabazon Pump, Compressor and Vacuum Green Bay, WI
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Brabazon is looking for a full-time Human Resource Generalist in our Green Bay office.
The HR Generalist is responsible for performing HR related duties including talent acquisition and development, ensuring the organization’s compliance with applicable employment laws and regulations, coaching and mentoring leaders, benefits administration, and company policies and procedures. The role also involves support in regards to workplace safety and OSHA regulations.
This job is for you if you:
- Want fulfilling work that allows you to achieve corporate objectives
- Have the ability to lead and motivate others
- Have high energy and are a strong team player
- Are self-motivated and responsive to customer needs
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- A bachelor’s degree is required in HR, Business or closely related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in Human Resources working in a wide array of areas such as benefits, performance management, recruiting, compliance.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Problem-solving skills that include reasoning ability, mathematical ability and logical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate solid organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and be a self-starter.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both in writing and verbally, with people of various educational and technical backgrounds, both inside and outside the company.
Your work in this role will include:
- Oversee payroll activities in accordance with all state and federal regulations
- Collaborate with managers and supervisors to ensure consistent application of policies and procedures across the entire employee population
- Responsible for recruitment and retention. Coordinate and manage the recruiting process for all applicants using standardized hiring practices
- Perform on-boarding of all new employees including safety, benefits and any other necessary orientations to ensure successful integration into the organization
- Contact for Workers Compensation issues including processing first report of injuries, communicating with workers compensation carrier and ensuring payment and processing of claims
- Effectively administer the 401(k) plan
- Manages succession planning and collaborates with owners and managers to build the bench strength needed to support ongoing operations
- Champions the performance management process, and ensures training, accountability and alignment of goals and the calibration of ratings
- Manages the pay for performance compensation program maintaining internal equity and competitive pay for each labor market to attract top talent
- Timely and appropriate response to all employee matters and requests from management
- Ensures consistent application of policies and practices; assesses need/opportunity for work rule and policy changes; offers guidance, direction, and training to management on administration of employee handbook and policy and disciplinary matters
- Ensures compliance with FMLA, LOA programs as well as consistent application of disciplinary actions and development of plans to reduce absenteeism
- Proactively address issues and respond to all state/federal EEO and related charges/inquiries; maintains awareness levels by conducting periodic training
- Company contact for all compensation and benefits related questions
- Maintain all HR databases within the organization including benefits database, training logs and personnel files
- Create, implement and oversee safety programs to ensure a safe work environment
At Brabazon, you are part of a family. Owned and operated by family since the beginning, we want to preserve that supportive family feel for everyone on the team. We value and care about our team members. We respect everyone’s need for work-life balance, because we too have important personal and family responsibilities. We strive to be owners who are down-to-earth and approachable. We work right alongside our team members, doing our part like everyone else so that we as a team can meet the needs of all the customers who are depending on us.
We are proud of and passionate about:
- Being a team of experts in our industry who always put the customer first
- Having a growth mindset, continually innovating and utilizing up-to-date technology
- Ensuring a friendly, respectful and safe work environment that emphasizes team collaboration
Benefits you will receive include health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, PTO, holiday pay, and a 401(k) program with a 100% employer match on the first 3% and 50% on the next 2%.
Brabazon Pump, Compressor & Vacuum is one of the nation’s largest independent distributor of industrial pumps, air compressors and industrial vacuum equipment and manufacturer of air dryers through their subsidiary, Pure-Aire, LLC. To best serve our customers, we have service centers in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Missouri, and Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. Brabazon services all makes/models of compressors and related equipment including Sullair, Ingersoll-Rand, Atlas-Copco, Kaeser, Quincy, Gardner Denver, and more.
Brabazon Pump, Compressor and Vacuum
2484 Century RdGreen Bay, WI