- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Boyum Barenscheer is a Top 20 Twin Cities Accounting firm who love what we do – from tax and audit services to business advisory and outsourced accounting services. Located at four offices across the Twin Cities, we’re a group of individuals who genuinely care about our clients and each other. Our team is awesome and our clients are exceptional.
Boyum Barenscheer's internship program is a terrific opportunity to discover the exciting (yes, exciting) world of public accounting. Our internship program is a full-time position and approximately three months in length. During your experience here at Boyum Barenscheer you will have an assigned buddy to help you navigate everything from finding office supplies to discovering answers to your most complex questions. You will have hands-on experience with a variety of projects including client interactions, all to provide you with a well-rounded and fulfilling internship experience.
Tax Intern Responsibilities:
- Prepare individual and small business tax returns to meet government requirements and deadlines and client expectations
- Prepare payroll tax returns to ensure compliance
- Respond orally and in writing to various tax inquiries from internal staff
- Maintain working knowledge of tax preparation software used in the office
- Perform other accounting duties as necessary to meet the responsibilities of the position and client expectations
Tax Intern Qualifications:
- Current or recent graduate from an undergraduate or graduate degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in public accounting
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet applications
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Edit jobStatus: OpenView public job page
With character, determination and a spirit of collaboration, we partner with our clients to achieve their business and financial goals.
Today, we’re known as Boyum Barenscheer – still delivering expertise and insight with personal service and a friendly smile.
Boyum BarenscheerWhy Work Here?
Numbers are awesome - our people are even better. We’re a group of individuals who genuinely care about our clients and each other.
Many of our professionals have grown up in entrepreneurial homes and understand the demands of business ownership. Others have dedicated personal time to helping community and nonprofit organizations make the world a better place. In the end, we’re a group of individuals who genuinely care about our clients and each other; and we’re committed to our mission: With character, determination and a spirit of collaboration, we partner with our clients to achieve their business and financial goals. Today, we’re known as Boyum Barenscheer – still delivering expertise and insight with personal service and a friendly smile.
3050 Metro BlvdMinneapolis, MN
Finance and Insurance