Regence - Kids Café Chef - Part-Time
- Expired: February 10, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
BGCP'S mission is to empower all young people, especially those who need us most, to discover their full potential as caring, engaged, responsible community members. BGCP's top priorities are to ensure an inclusive, diverse, and equitable work environment with an uncompromised commitment to safety. We are committed to filtering all policies and practices through an equity-based and trauma-informed care lens. We position ourselves as lifelong learners and seek individuals who have demonstrated dedication to creating safe and nurturing environments. We seek individuals who are dedicated to supporting extraordinary experiences for youth, are exceptional team members, have an investment in our surrounding communities, and are hungry for ongoing personal growth and professional development.
Join our dynamic team and be prepared to be challenged, to work hard, and to participate in a vibrant, mission-driven environment. Be prepared to fall in love with the work we do and the youth with whom we are privileged to serve each day. For more information on BGCP and our work visit: http://bgcportland.org/about/
BGCP is currently searching for Kids Café Chef. The Kids Café Chef is responsible for guiding and assisting assigned personnel in food service operation, preparing and distributing food service items for consumption by members; maintaining inventories of food service items; and maintaining facilities in a sanitary condition.
This is Part-Time Position
Starting Wage - $18.50
Location: 4430 N Trenton St, Portland, OR
- Must enjoy cooking and working with youth
- Directs and assists the preparation of meals in sufficient quantity and quality for all students for the purpose of meeting youth's CACFP nutritional requirements.
- Estimates food preparation amounts for the purpose of meeting projected meal requirements and minimizing waste. •Ability to handle food in a safe and efficient manner
- Serving food according to the type of service used, and clean area afterwards.
- Set up café tables and prepare the space for meal service, clearing and dismantling the same and leave in a clean condition.
- Cleans and maintains utensils, equipment and the storage, food preparation and serving areas for the purpose of maintaining safe and sanitary conditions
- Perform in depth cleaning tasks including; kitchen store areas, internal and external waste bin and ground level drain areas.
- Maintain and care for applicable equipment and supplies.
- Provide assistance with special function catering and any other catering services undertaken by the kitchen.
- Works with the manager to order food and supplies for the purpose of maintaining an adequate inventory to complete jobs efficiently.
- Provide physical support when purchasing, obtaining and transporting food products.
- Maintains positive relations with BGC members, staff and community in professional manner utilizing appropriate customer service and interpersonal skills
- Complete and process service tracking paperwork and reports as needed.
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- All BGCP employees are Mandated Reporters and must report any suspected Child Abuse or Neglect to their direct supervisor.
- Prior job related experience in food preparation, serving and basic kitchen activities, with increasing levels of responsibilities, preferably in school and/or instructional setting.
- Operate and care for institutional kitchen equipment (including but not limited to stoves, ovens and dishwashers).
- Knowledge of modern methods of food preparation, health codes and sanitation principles.
- Skills to perform basic arithmetic calculations, use standard office equipment and computer.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Food Handler Permit.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Bilingual/bicultural preferred.
Working Environment & Equipment Used: The job's functions requires the following physical demands: occasional lifting (50 pounds), carrying, pushing and/or pulling; some climbing; some stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling; and significant reaching, handling, speaking, writing, hearing, and fine finger dexterity; frequent standing, walking, and sitting, and lifting up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. High volume of work and strict adherence to workload may be stressful.
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, BGCP has focused on protecting the health of our communities and workforce. As a result, BGCP has, as mandated that as a qualification of employment, all staff must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 18, 2021, as allowed by law and unless the staff receives a medical or religious exemption. Candidates who receive an offer of BGCP employment must provide proof of vaccination upon hire or submit an exemption request prior to their start date. Being fully vaccinated is a requirement for continued employment.
The more vaccinated our organization is, the better we can protect ourselves, our members, our communities and our colleagues.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At BGCP, we do not just accept difference; we value it and support it to create a culture of dignity and respect for our employees.
BGCP is proud to an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may apply for veterans' preference.
BGCP gladly provide reasonable accommodation to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing an application or participating in this recruitment process. Please contact BGCP Human Resources in advance to request assistance.
Boys and Girls Clubs of Portland
Get fresh CAFE Chef jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.