Title: Program Manager
Reports to: Director of Programming
The Program Manager is responsible for the overall program management and implementation of six Boys and Girls Clubs in Palm Beach County, with the primary concern for high quality programming, driving optimal club experience and service delivery/outcomes for youth ages 5 to 18. This position oversees the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of exciting, engaging age - appropriate programs that supports our priority outcome areas of Academic Success, Healthy Lifestyles, Good Character and Citizenship. The Program Manager will work directly with Program Coordinators at each club by providing them with training and guidance on program monitoring and delivery.
Key Roles (Essential Functions):
- Front-line accountability for quality program delivery including core programs, new initiatives, summer programs, and outcome measurement systems.
- Trains, monitors and develops staff so that programs are well delivered. Responsible for direct supervision of Program Coordinators.
- Evaluates whether programming activity and impact is regularly & consistently reviewed. Ensures action steps are implemented, reviewed & updated regularly and program improvements are made as a regular process.
- Plans, develops, evaluates and oversees implementation of arts, education, social recreation, health and physical education, computer center and specialty programs, activities and services that prepares youth for success.
- Participates in network-wide shared learning. Share experiences and learning with BGCA organization through collaborative and team opportunities.
- Surveys members’ interest in programs, tracks member participation in programs, and outcomes. Works with BGCPBC Director of Programming to plan and implement changes to improve results.
- Develops monthly/quarterly program schedule and plans implementation with Program Coordinator and Program Staff. Promotes and markets programs to club members via meetings, announcements, bulletin boards, flyers, mailing, posted schedules, etc.
- Ensures daily, year-round and summer programs meet stated objectives, member needs and interests, are organized and engaging and result in high participation.
- Ensures programs are inclusive to all genders, abilities, and cultures.
- Plans, executes, and collects program data to support measures and report outcomes; prepares programs’ reports, as needed.
- Monitors program delivery, works with program staff to plan and implement improvements.
- Communicates with club staff, members and partner agencies to insure understanding of programs opportunities, schedule and plans when outside entities participate in program delivery.
- Ensures age and stage appropriate programming which is relevant and passion driven.
- Aligns club program strategy to organizational program tracks and training framework.
- Helps select Program Coordinator to manage programs identifying training and oversight required for effective program delivery,
- Helps evaluates staff’ performance and recommends professional development, promotion, and discipline/discharge.
- Trains and guides Program Staff to ensure an environment that promotes the physical, social and emotional well-being of youth, that incorporates guidance and discipline principles and that ensures understanding of designated programs.
- Monitors program areas and provides constructive feedback to staff with regard to program delivery and member guidance and discipline. Plans and implements opportunities to recognize program staff.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Six (6) + years of professional experience in Youth Development, Education, or related field.
- A minimum of two years’ work experience directly with youth, in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization managing staff, and planning activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
- Flexibility to work different hours, especially as seasons and service needs change.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively plan, coordinate, and evaluate quality youth programs directly and through collaborations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other departments/organizations deliver quality programs to club members and potential members.
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills. P.C. literate in MS Office.
- Demonstrated ability to train, orient and recognize staff, volunteers and outside resources.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally, in writing, in presentations to an audience, and electronically.
- Demonstrated ability to control expenses and creatively use resources. Demonstrated ability to persuasively promote programs and deliver same.