Title: Director of Marketing& Public Relations
Reports to: Vice President of Philanthropy
The primary function of this position will be to direct all marketing, branding, public relations, community relations and communications for the BGCPBC. Generate fundraising income through campaigns targeting foundations, corporate groups and individual donors within the community. Develop and direct the execution of a publicity campaign to increase year-round organizational awareness. Develop and support all community partnerships seeking new opportunities. Responsible for developing, coordinating and supervising community fundraising for the Clubs, including back to school drives, toy drives, youth of the year, summer camp, etc. Oversee all special event public relations, including finalizing all press releases, distributing, advertising schedule, coordinating media on site and prior to events.
Key Roles (Essential Responsibilities):
• Develop and execute an annual Marketing Plan including development of goals, identification of target audience, strategies, tactics and budget management.
• Develop and execute an annual Advertising plan to include all mediums. Develop relationships with the local media providers to secure in-kind partners for various events, campaigns and Club recruitment efforts.
• Develop and design all marketing collateral material and manage all branding graphic standards from BGCA.
• Develop and execute the Annual report. Supervise the development and execution of the bi-annual newsletter.
• Write copy for Direct mail appeals, quarterly stewardship letters, and annual case for support and crowdfunding messages.
• Manage upkeep of Website design and content including SEO, events calendar, news articles, website banners, etc. Act as website administrator and approve postings and content updates from other website editors. Ensure proper functioning of website including monitoring mobile site performance, traffic flow through website and link with Raiser's Edge CRM system.
• Develop Social media plan, including crowdfunding, and execute across all platforms.
• Responsible for all copywriting and communications with organization, including award nominations, scripts, speeches, verbiage and internal communications.
• Responsible for photo and video productions and management.
• Oversee the development and execution of the annual Public Relations Plan led by Public Relations Coordinator.
• Serve as a representative of the Crisis Management Team.
• Create, design, edit, print and distribute annual direct mail campaigns including Summer Camp and Annual Holiday Appeal.
• Develop and execute annual campaign to support United Way Great Give event.
• Develop and execute annual Alumni Campaign that features mission moment stories and fundraising component. Campaign to be executed in multiple media channels including social media.
• Annually review lapsed donor report to identify opportunities for re-engagement with donors who haven't donated yet in the calendar year.
• Assist in producing capital and endowment campaign materials.
• Oversee the development and execution of the annual Community Relations Plan led by Public Relations Coordinator.
• Give presentations about and tours of Clubs to individuals and corporations to raise awareness of Clubs.
• Work with Human Resource Manager to recruit student interns to assist marketing efforts.
• Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with staff and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
• External: Maintain contact and build relationships with community groups, media, external staff, volunteers, donors and others to assist in mission advancement including recruitment, management and stewardship of a county-wide Marketing Committee. Recruit and supervise interns as needed.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Public Relations, Journalism, Mass Communication, Advertising, or Marketing.
• A minimum of 5 years work experience in marketing, communications or public relations, preferably in the not-for-profit sector.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills (including editing skills).
• Demonstrated ability to develop marketing and PR material adhering to deadlines.
• Knowledge of print production process, graphic design, web management, database management, and social media.
• Established relations and contacts in the local media.
• Experience in WordPress, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
• Knowledge and experience with Survey Monkey and Mail Chimp.
• Social media savvy: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
• Highly organized, able to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all types of people.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, Board members, volunteers, community groups, and other related agencies.
• Valid Florida’s driver’s license with safe driving record.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
• Occasionally required to sit.
• Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.