Job Title: Program Assistant (Cultural Arts)
Reports To: Club Director
Implement activities provided within a specific program area, such as Education, Special Education (Technology), Social Recreation, Arts & Crafts, Character & Leadership, Health & Life Skills and Physical Education.
Key Roles (Essential Responsibilities):
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes
- Promote and stimulate program participation
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members
- Conduct games and activities
- Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of club at all times
- Supervise children
- Enforce Boys & Girls Club Rules
- Be a good example and a good listener to the members
- Ensure children obey safety rules
- Ensure all children are accounted for
- Assist in daily care and maintenance of building, grounds and vehicles
- Internal: Maintain contact with Club program staff
- External: Maintain contact with members and parents as needed; provide advice and/or discipline.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience working with children
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
- Ability to enforce Boys & Girls Clubs rules and policies in a fair and equitable manner
- Certificate of CPR and First Aid Preferred
- Valid Florida Driver’s License with safe driving preferred.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear
- Occasionally required to sit
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus