In a career as a Family-Teaching Partner at Boys Town, part of giving youth a second chance is exposing them to new opportunities. Whether it’s presenting them with opportunities in education and activities, giving them their first happy Thanksgiving, or teaching them how faith can help them heal, we strive to give Boys Town Kids the fulfilling lives they deserve.
- Live on-site in a Boys Town Family Home and provide direct care for 6-8 at-risk youth through creating a safe and loving family-style living environment
- Provide emotional support utilizing praise, positive feedback, affection and empathy to build ones self-confidence and respect
- Use rational problem solving techniques to teach youth critical thinking skills, assist with behavioral problems, counsel through personal issues and provide crisis intervention
- Plan, participate and provide opportunities for individual and family activities that are both educational and entertaining
- Display and teach parenting, family and relationship skills to youth, legal guardians and caretakers to create family engagement
- Maintain contact with both internal and external consumers agencies to obtain or provide information regarding youth’s behaviors, strategies and progress
- Prepare written records for household budgeting, tracking youth progress, reporting incidents/behaviors and document youth medical needs and appointments
- Teach and role model Boys Town values and ethical behaviors, as well as support and encourage participation in regular religious activities
- Supervise the activities of assigned Assistant Family-Teacher to aid in their development and success
- Manage the daily operating schedule of the home; assist with youth transportation needs, and overall household upkeep
- Annual starting salary of $68,000 per couple (Dependent upon location)
- Benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance; a 401K retirement plan; paid vacation and sick leave
- Fully-paid living expenses, which include rent, utilities and a monthly household budget (Dependent upon location)
- Opportunities to earn college credit while working
- Career advancement opportunities within the organization
- Supporting youth with new traditions such as sport events, family dinner, graduation and volunteering in the community
- Relocation assistance
- Company vehicle
- Be at least 21 years of age or older, except if applying for Washington D.C. due to contractual requirements one must be at least 22 years of age or older
- High School diploma or equivalent is required, some college credit is preferred
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record and ability to pass MVR Check
- Flexibility and willingness to work a wide array of hours, which includes days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to pass a thorough background check and reference verification procedure in order to determine one’s fitness to satisfactorily and safely care for youth
- Ability to attend a 2-weeks paid training in Omaha, Nebraska
About Boys Town Washington D.C.:
In a city where strong leadership is valued and respected, Boys Town Washington, D.C. has established itself as the leader in the care and treatment of the region’s children and families since 1993. These services and programs touch the lives of 6,200 children and families in the District of Columbia each year.
The opportunity to shape the future of America’s youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town Washington DC. Career advancement opportunities at the site and organization. We offer an excellent benefits package, which includes health, dental and vision insurance; a 401K with 6% match; paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave. We also offer tuition reimbursement and scholarships are available.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003