FOOD SERVICE ASSISTANT
- $16 Hourly
PERFORMANCE PROFILE SOURCE: Youth Development Professional
DEPARTMENT: Program Operations
REPORTS TO: Unit Director
The Food Service Assistant helps the Food Service Coordinator in the daily operations and implementation of child nutrition programs assigned to a specific Club location.
This position serves as an assistant to the Food Service Coordinator in the preparation and service of meals and snacks to Club members and service to charter school students, contributes to the smooth operations and function of the kitchen including maintaining cleanliness of the kitchen, food service, and storage areas in adherence to all health and safety codes.
- Understanding of Boys & Girls Clubs Youth Development Strategy.
- Knowledge and understanding of State Childcare Licensing requirements for Child Care Food Service.
- Operating policies and procedures of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Kansas City.
- Federal, State regulations governing child nutrition programs.
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Current Food Handler Card or Food Safety Certificate.
This is an entry-level position requiring some experience in food service or institutional food service, including preparation of food in large quantities and knowledge of safe food handling procedures. Many of the skills in this position are learned on the job or through on-going training.
- Assists with the preparation of all meals and snacks in accordance with Child Nutrition Program requirements.
- Assists with or may be responsible for meal service ensuring that Point of Service Meal requirements, meal strike sheets are completed accurately at each meal service following child nutrition program requirements.
- Following approved menu and/or recipes; serve food using correct portion control, maintaining proper food temperature, and following all safe food service practices.
- Assists with the receiving and proper storage of food and food related items when they are received.
- Follows sanitation guidelines for food handling and maintaining a clean work area including food prep and storage areas such as milk coolers, refrigerators, freezer dry storage areas and cafeteria tables.
- Ensure that cafeteria tables are cleaned and sanitized before and after meal service daily.
- Ensure that all food preparation areas are cleaned and sanitized at the end of each day.
- Other duties as assigned to support Club operations.
- Maintain Food Handler or Food Safety Certification.
- Participates in on-going professional development as required.
- Pass required comprehensive background screening requirements as mandated by BGCA.
- Obtain First Aid/CPR and AED certification.
Environmental and Working Conditions:
All work is conducted in a Club setting. Limited travel is required.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Maintain a high energy level.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical operations and understand and follow directions.
- Ability to accurately complete meal count sheets and food program documentation for all meals served.
Boys And Girls Clubs Of Greater Kansas CityKansas City, MO
FoodView All Boys And Girls Clubs Of Greater Kansas City Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.