Healthy Lifestyles Instructor
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Healthy Lifestyles Instructor
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: Based on Experience
BGCWPA is a mission-based organization that hires employees that are recognized as leaders in their field with a passion for improving young lives. We have strong values, embrace diversity and offer great benefits which allows our employees to maintain work/life balance. We serve more than 12,000 young people annually through programs, services, and outreach. An affiliate of a national organization-Boys & Girls Clubs of America. We are one of the largest comprehensive out of school time providers in Allegheny & Somerset County.
The Healthy Lifestyles Instructor’s role is to implement an intensive, evidence-based teen education program that promotes positive youth development through a social-emotional curriculum, community service learning and supportive relationships with adults, with the overall goal of preventing teen pregnancy. They will be responsible for developing materials and facilitating workshops on topics of health, wellness, and life-skills related to teen pregnancy prevention and whole-person development. Ultimately, the Healthy Lifestyles Instructor will ensure students and families experience personal growth, improved self-esteem, and increased knowledge about unplanned pregnancy prevention.
- Develop education materials, related curriculum and resources
- Facilitate weekly educational workshops based on TOP that emphasize sexual literacy, puberty, decision-making, body image, abstinence, and roles and relationships for clients and their families in schools and community-based organizations
- Provide supportive and fact-based education workshops to youth
- Identify community based and governmental resources (i. e. medical and mental health care specialists) and refer clients to and advocate for the acquisition of resources on their behalf
- Stay current on all information concerning reproductive health, sexuality education and healthy relationships as well as self-esteem and character education programs
- Maintain confidential and secured recording of health counseling, case notes, and profiles
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the Agency to ensure an integrated learning through the organization
- Create a monthly calendar of activities and quarterly program outlines and plans
- Submit monthly reports and attendance logs to the Program Manager, including inputting student data in the curriculum developer’s database
- Serve as a liaison between the school/community partner and the Manager of Healthy Lifestyles
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A commitment to the mission and programs of BGCWPA and Healthy Lifestyles
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services, Counseling, Public Health, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred; HS diploma or equivalent considered with additional experience
- Experience teaching adolescents on topics such as pregnancy prevention, sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and other related health and lifestyle topics
- Outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills both oral and written
- An ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a high level of confidentiality and professional integrity
- Must be available to work evenings and the occasional Saturday
- Serve as a role model, consistently demonstrating our core values
- Strong time management, organization, and project prioritization skills are a must
- Proficient in Google Suite.
- Travel will be required.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the jobs function require the following physical demands: lifting & carrying up to 50 pounds, pushing, any/or pulling, climbing to include steps, balancing, stooping, standing, sitting, kneeling, crawling, crouching, and signification fine fingered dexterity. Ability to tolerate environmental conditions: air conditioning, heat, dust fumes, noise, close quarters, etc.
- Perform all additional duties and tasks assigned by leadership/supervisors.
At BGCWPA, we highly value all our employees and strive to give them meaningful, fulfilling work while providing them with the benefits they deserve. We provide our full-time employees with a variety of benefits, including:
Time off for the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- MLK Jr. Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Floating Holiday
- Employees who have children enrolled or plan to have children enrolled in our after school or summer camp programming will receive a staff discount at half the normal rate.
Additional Benefits include:
- 401(k) Savings Plan with company match
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Jury Duty
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave
Certifications and Clearances
CPR, Pediatric First Aid, Child Abuse, Criminal History, FBI clearance, NSOR certificate, PA Disclosure and Mandated Reporter certification required upon hire or newer then 6 months.
PA Staff Health Assessment and TB Test must be submitted upon hire and before start date please use the link below to access the form: https://www.dhs.pa.gov/docs/For-Providers/Documents/Child%20Care%20Forms/CD-322%20-%20Staff%20Health%20Assessment.pdf
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Our organization prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR
Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania
BusinessView all jobs at Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania