Chief Development Officer
- Expired: March 07, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Chief Development Officer
Reports to: CEO
In concert with the vision set by the Board of Directors and CEO, plan and execute resource development strategies and monitor progress against goals. Develop and implement a fundraising plan for the organization to meet operating budget needs on an annual basis as well as long term. Secure funds to meet organizational growth objectives. Responsible for the development and coordination of fundraising campaigns, oversight of grant proposal writing and reporting, special events, donor solicitation, and all marketing and communication. Serve as the principal development staff person and manage all development staff.
- Provide strategy, direction, and oversight in all areas to reach development goals and strategies.
- Manage the daily activities of implementation of the development plan.
- Lead and manage all development staff.
- Develop fundraising strategies that align cash inflows and outflows to minimize financing of working capital.
- Identify opportunities to build public awareness of BGC SENC initiatives, services, and programs.
- Provide strategic direction for goal setting, strategic planning and execution, coordination, staffing and budgeting. Priorities include:
- Clear goals for all aspects of the fundraising program.
- A comprehensive plan for growing contributed income in the near- and long-term from foundations, individual donors, and corporations.
- Strategies to increase donor retention and expand the major donor prospect pool.
- Provide oversight to staff that research and identify individual, foundation, corporate, and public agency prospects to cultivate and solicit.
- Develop a comprehensive annual fundraising plan to support operating budget and annual cash requirements.
Board and Partnership Development
- Work with the leadership to identify, recruit and train board members to participate in solicitation and other resource development activities.
- Encourage and support board committees responsible for planning and implementing development activities and provide direction, budgeting and staffing as needed.
- Assist the CEO to develop strategic alliances with community leaders and local officials.
Areas of Responsibility/Oversight of staff who perform the following functions:
- Grant writing.
- Stewardship planning and implementation.
- Volunteer management oversightprogram implementation and management.
- Special Event oversight - planning, coordination, and implementation.
- Annual Campaign planning and implementation.
- Marketing and Communications.
- Maintaining relationships and contact with donors, to include plan for involving, board members and Club staff.
- Understand and articulate the mission, objectives, policies, programs, procedures, principles, and practices of BGC SENC.
- Maintain and utilize the donor database software fully.
- Manage administrative and operational systems and duties to:
- Track fundraising income, grant reporting and other development reports
- Recognize contributions with acknowledgement letters and special recognition events
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or as assigned.
Internal: Maintain oral and written contact with the CEO, Board of Directors, Club management and staff, and volunteers to exchange information, seek and give assistance, and direction.
External: At the direction of the CEO, maintain oral and written contact with other agencies, business leaders, community groups, boards of directors of such organizations, and the media for the purpose of exchanging information and ideas and for the purpose of fundraising.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Masters preferred.
- Ten plus years proven experience in resource development - including grant writing, reporting, major gift solicitation, and fundraising event planning.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising.
- Financial planning and business acumen.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office and CRM
- Knowledge of how to manage multiple fundraising projects, events, and campaigns.
- Tangible experience of successfully soliciting large grants, major donations and cultivating existing donor relationships over time.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and execute successful projects.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Southeastern North Carolina
Get fresh Chief Title Officer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.