Boys & Girls Clubs of South Central Kansas Wichita, KS
- Expired: 26 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
In the absence of the Unit Director, the Site Coordinator will oversee daily operations of the designated site with the primary concern for member safety, program delivery, and supervision of staff.
- Serve as the liaison for the parents, members, and staff.
- Acts professionally at all times with all staff, members, and parents.
- Create a club environment that facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment, ensuring facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained.
- Ensure the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis and ensures programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
- Make certain programs are implemented according to lesson plans and direction of the Unit Director, Director of Program Development and/or Director of Operations.
- Maintain the site’s program schedule.
- Ensure productive and effective performance of all program staff and volunteers.
- Provides all program staff with necessary guidance to create and maintain a vibrant, organized business atmosphere.
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including activities and events conducted, breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements and any problems/issues.
- Assists with site specific hiring and organization hiring upon request, as well as, assist with training site specific staff and organization new hires as requested. Provides ongoing supervision of program staff and ensures a positive and dynamic relationship between all program staff and Club members.
- Attend site meetings and events as requested by Unit Directors and/or Director of Operations.
- Manage Unit financial resources assisting in the development of annual budgets. Control expenditures against budget.
- Work with staff on special events to carry out programs in all departments.
- Oversee special programs and/or events (i.e. Keystone, Youth of the Year and Awards Programs), and/or participate in the implementation of other unit activities as necessary.
- Exercise authority in problems relating to members; utilize guidance and discipline plan.
- Ensure compliance with organization policies.
- May be required to drive Club van periodically.
- May be required to answer phones and perform other light administrative duties.
- Communicate member and staff issues to the Director of Operation in absence of Unit Director.
- Keeps desk and facility clean and tidy.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to supervise staff and members in a safe environment
- Minimum of two years of experience working with children
- Demonstrate the ability in working with young people, parents and community leaders.
- Working knowledge of a budget preparation, control, and management, preferred.
- Knowledge of youth development and interest in academic success
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Good organization and attention to detail
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
- Ability to deal with the general public (both verbal and written)
- Ability to use/follow a curriculum to instruct members
Internal: Maintain close contact with Club staff and supervisor; receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions, and advise/counsel.
External: Maintain contact with parents or guardians in order to communicate about Club activities and member related incidents. May be required to communicate with or work closely with school principals and classroom instructors.
Committed to fun, growth, & safety
Loyal to our members & families
United by our diverse community
Bound by integrity, respect, & equity
We are the Club!
Boys & Girls Clubs of South Central Kansas
As an organization, we are committed to the following values: Committed to fun, growth, & safety Loyal to our members & families United by our diverse community Bound by integrity, respect, & equity We are the Club!
2400 N Opportunity DrWichita, KS
Real EstateView all jobs at Boys & Girls Clubs of South Central Kansas