Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco San Francisco, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Working for Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco gives you the chance to be part of a dynamic and passionate movement that is out to change the world - starting right here in our community. Founded in 1891, our organization has 127 years of experience in the field; however, we continue to find new ways to learn, grow, and innovate. We are nationally recognized for the high-quality of our programs and comprehensive approach to serving youth.Whether you’re joining our administrative team, a Clubhouse team, a school-based team, or our Camp Mendocino team, you’ll be surrounded by enthusiastic, talented, and passionate colleagues who wake up every day ready to inspire young people to reach their full potential.
The Education Director provides leadership for the Club for all academic programs and initiatives for youth ages 6-18. S/he has general responsibility for the Learning Center and is directly responsible to the Clubhouse Director. S/he shall plan, organize, direct and control the program and maintenance of the Education Department within the policies of the organization. S/he shall assume accountability for the results in achieving the outlined goals and objectives of the Education Program. This position is Full-Time 40 hours during the week.
KEY ROLES (ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES)
Education Department Duties (70%)
- Serve as a leader and resource for all Club staff and members in academics and educational programs.
- Plan, organize and conduct educational programs, including homework help, tutoring, literacy, STEM and College Prep programs.
- Establish and maintain solid partnerships with schools where Club members attend to create channels of communication to better serve the youth academically.
- Manage partnerships that provide programs or resources for youth, including Literacy, STEM, College Prep and tutoring partners.
- Develop and implement outreach strategies to get new youth to participate in the education program
- Collaborate to develop programs and strategies to support members and families during key educational transitions.
- Promote and stimulate membership in the department insuring that every Club member participates in some Learning Center activities. Understand and communicate the importance of completing high school and developing a career path that strongly encourages college enrollment.
- Work with paid and volunteer tutors and students to participate in an ongoing academic development
- Develop educational programs that are engaging and age appropriate for all members
- Provide an environment that promotes creativity and exploration through learning
- Direct and supervise department activities and all part time staff and/or volunteers assigned
Day to Day Duties (30%)
- Make daily statistical reports to the Clubhouse Director
- Attend all meetings, conferences and training as required, assist with any fundraising projects conducted by the Club and assist with all Club-wide special events
- At all times maintain a professional appearance and manner reflective of the high standards of Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco
- Bachelors degree in education or related field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum two years classroom teaching experience in traditional or non traditional setting
- Strong classroom management/discipline skills
- Experience in curriculum development
- Experience working with school systems including educational advocacy
- Experience working with youth from diverse backgrounds
- Experience working with youth in grades 1st-12th grade
- Ability to develop and implement organized educational programs and services
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Class B license for operation of motor vehicles in order to transport youth members (within 90 days of employment)
- Current Red Cross first aid/CPR certification (within 90 days of employment)
- Teaching credential from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of current educational trends in after school programming
- Knowledge of current trends in evaluation and measurement
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Working knowledge of child/adolescent development theories
- Strong computer skills including Windows, Microsoft Office, database and records management
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for at least 2 hour
- Must be able to sit at computer workstation for long time periods
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco
AddressSan Francisco, CA
EducationView all jobs at Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco