Job Summary: Highly visible Executive Assistant to the President & CEO of a well-established East Bay nonprofit organization. Assist the President in all aspects of his/her duties by providing administrative, operational, project, and informational support enabling the CEO to devote time and energy to achieving the organization’s goals.
· Manage the office of the President. Using initiative, tenacity, creativity, ingenuity, dependability, and verbal communication skills to handle the day-to‐day administrative tasks including phones; responding to inquiries; correspondence preparation, distribution, and filing of memo/letters; handling incoming mail, e-mail, faxes; making copies; sending faxes; etc. Reading and routing incoming/outgoing mail, forwarding appropriate information to other executives and departments; following up with correspondence replies and action items; prioritizing requests for the President’s response, and organizing the President’s work load.
· Develop and maintain good working relationships throughout the organization by exhibiting outstanding customer service skills with all internal and external stakeholders.
· Provide excellent customer assistance to BGCO’s donors and volunteers, acting as a liaison between management and staff members, student-members, and vendors.
· Coordinate all business and travel arrangements for the President. Arrange travel schedule and reservations via travel sources as designated and provide complete and thorough follow-up.
· Use initiative, attention to detail and critical thinking skills to coordinate with Board members, other stakeholders, and senior management on scheduling appointments, meetings, and conferences. Coordinate, plan, and participate in conferences when required. Participate in staff meetings.
· Coordinate correspondence for the President. Make an impact by drafting correspondence and ensuring they reflect the standards of our organization. Using spreadsheet, word processing, graphics, forms, and chart software to create and edit presentation materials, reports, and other documents.
· Manage informational needs for the President. Support The objectives of our organization by ensuring the President has the information he needs and referring information requests to the appropriate resources, all while upholding the trust of this position with discretion and confidentiality.
· Establishing and maintaining filing systems. Ensuring corporate filing system is up to date by keeping accurate copies of projects, correspondence, and/or other related materials.
· Prepare and coordinate expense report reimbursement and provide accounting detail and follow-up.
· Ordering supplies and products as necessary and maintaining supply records.
· Performing these and other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience, continuing education sessions in business systems, public relations or communications will be considered.
· Minimum 3 years high-level administrative support responsibilities reporting to Senior Management, preferably with a nonprofit organization or sales.
· Advanced typing and computer skills are required including a solid knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, and desktop publishing.
· Strong PC skills and knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint are required.
· Shorthand/speed writing; typing with accuracy of 60 to 80 wpm.
· Excellent organizational, communication and grammatical skills with a strong attention to detail required.
· Excellent planning, scheduling and problem solving skills.
· Must be able to work professionally with flexibility in handling multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
· Valid State Driver License.
Employment Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $43,200 to $64,800 (Actual starting salary within range depends upon experience)
100% coverage of:
Medical (w/dependent care) Dental & Vision Coverage
Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick Leave Long Term Disability
Life Insurance Pension Training
Application: Along with your cover letter and resume, include answers to these two questions:
1. What motivates you?
a. Job Requirements
2. Did you ever play a sport? If so, which sport and for how long? If not, what team activities have you been a part of?
Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Boys & Girls of Oakland is an equal opportunity employer –