Boys & Girls Clubs of King County Seattle, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Leading the Change in Youth Development
At Boys & Girls Clubs of King County, we are taking youth programming to a new level. We are a leader in youth development, providing a safe, affordable place for kids and teens during critical out-of-school time. Our Clubs offer life-changing programs and services to nearly 20,000 youth throughout the greater Seattle area.
As one of the largest Boys & Girls Club organization in the United States, we have a rich history serving King County youth. If you are passionate about youth development, committed to social justice, love to connect with people, have a proven track record of results with youth, and want to be part of an extraordinary team, Boys & Girls Clubs of King County is for you!
Opportunity Overview: EDUCATION DIRECTOR
Deliver excellence through managing and leading the Education Department ensuring the highest quality educational programs and service delivery for its members, employees, and the community. Develop, oversee, and lead Education Department staff and volunteers to ensure quality programming. Plan, develop, and oversee implementation and supervision of programs and department responsibilities. Work in partnership with the Sr. Program Director to ensure programming goals and benchmarks are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and assure an Outcome-Driven Club Experience for youth and families.
- Ensure program activities are organized and conducted in a professional manner and are reflective of the Boys & Girls Club philosophies and YPQA.
- Coordinate and oversee ongoing Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Boys & Girls Clubs of King County, and site specific educational programs.
- Hire, train, oversee and develop staff and volunteers.
- Manage all aspects of the Learning Center and Computer lab including outcomes, supervision, staffing and monitoring as well as equipment maintenance.
- Facilitate club program reporting and evaluations to be provided to internal and external parties in a timely manner.
- Through effective delegation and oversight, assured effective administrative functions including data management, financial and bookkeeping files, personnel files, metric recording and reporting, and background checks.
- Monitor education budget, including scholarship distribution.
- Assist in general operation of site specific Boys & Girls Club, including providing customer service to parents, members, volunteers, and donors as needed.
- Develop positive relationships with school administrators and parents for all programs.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel, collaborate and partner on appropriate committees and task forces. Collaborate with other clubs as appropriate.
External: Maintain contact as needed with local advisory board, external community groups, schools, member’s parents and other stakeholders to assist in resolving problems; build strategic partnerships, and maintain good public relations.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Three years leadership experience
- Experience hiring, training and supervising staff
- Satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record as determined by BGCKC Vehicle Loss Prevention Program and must be 18 years old or older to drive Club owned and operated vehicles
- Successful completion of National Criminal History Background check
- Current CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge and/or experience working with a non-profit youth development agency, Boys & Girls Club experience preferred
- Expertise in youth development principles, ability to motivate youth in a positive way
- Experience working with and collaborating with external agencies
- Organization, time management and attention to detail, professional presence, strong customer relations skills and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn and implement new ideas for the good of the Club.
- Ability to work in another location in King County when needed.
- Passion for Boys & Girls Clubs mission, vision and values.
HOURS: Regular Part-time, 30 hours per week
PROGRAM: Position starts Fall 2021
LOCATION: Tukwila Elementary School, 5939 S 149th St, Tukwila, WA 98168
FLSA: Hourly, Non-exempt
Benefits of working with us include:
- $600 sign-on incentive ($300 paid upon hire & $300 paid after 6 months of employment)
- Accessible PTO & Paid Holidays
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- 100% Employee Discount for Childcare Fees
- Generous 401k Employer Matching
- Employee Tuition Assistance
- Orca Cards
All offers are contingent upon passing a thorough background check including a National Criminal History Background check.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and characteristics of the work environment described here are representative of those occurring in the performance of the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position description generally describes the principle functions of the position and the level of knowledge and skills typically required. It does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and it is subject to change as the needs of the employer and the requirements of the job change.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Non-Discrimination
Boys & Girls Clubs of King County (BGCKC) is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. BGCKC does not discriminate with regards to hiring, assignment, promotion or other conditions of staff employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other status protected under local, state or federal law.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of our positions.
Boys & Girls Clubs of King County
EducationView all jobs at Boys & Girls Clubs of King County