TITLE: Best Buy Tech Center Coordinator
PROFILE SOURCE: Youth Development Professional
REPORTS TO: Teen Director
o Exempt R Non-Exempt
Facilitate daily operations of the Best Buy Tech Center (BBTC) with the primary concern for program delivery while also collaborating with other staff on the expansion of offerings in the BBTC. Also maintains relationships with volunteers, funders and other key stakeholders.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Provide community outreach to involve a diverse group of young people, parents, teachers, and community leaders in the Clubhouse program.
- Actively recruit and retain volunteer mentors to support Teens with individual and group projects as well as provide career exploration opportunities.
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment, maintain a high-quality facility; make sure equipment and supplies are always in current and in good working order.
- Develop schedule of programs on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis that meet the organizational program goals, as well as the goals of major stakeholders (Best Buy & The Computer Clubhouse Network).
- Actively participate in The Clubhouse Network, attending Network meetings, annual conferences, share ideas and issues and support collaborative projects.
- Compile regular reports reflecting all activities, attendance and participation. In conjunction with the Grant department, provide key program highlights for sponsor reports.
- Manage Tech Center financial resources including monthly expenditures and the development of annual budgets. Control expenditures against budget.
- Work in partnership with all Teen Staff to serve teens and local organizations in the Tech Center building.
- Develop opportunities to increase the visibility of programs, services and activities within the Club and the community. Ensure programs are full, fun and educational at all times.
- Help provide list of supplies and equipment needed annually for refresh.
- Work with staff on special events to carry out programs in all departments.
- Work with overall Teen center staff to create concise and related programming.
- Drive Club van as needed.
- Mentor and recruit volunteers both adult and teens
- Assume other duties as assigned.
- Four year degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in a Boys and Girls Club or similar organization
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong technology skills, or aptitude to develop technology skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with members including discipline problems.
- A passion for learning and helping others to learn.
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents and community leaders.