Job Description: Youth Development Professional
Department: The Athletics
Branch: Commonwealth School
Reports to: Branch Director & Director of Operations
The Athletic Coordinator is the staff that will plan daily outdoor recreational activities correlating with Healthy Lifestyles and weekly programs. The Athletic Coordinator will provide support for the day-to-day operations (See below).
1. ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES
· Complete Activity Calendar’s including Common Core standard by the 3rd Friday of each month.
· Turn in Supply List by the 3rd Friday of each month.
· Complete Sign-In/Out sheet’s daily. Prepare them daily by putting Name and Date prior to members’ arrival. Turn in by the 1st Friday of each month.
· Thoroughly complete Attendance Grids daily. Turn in by the last day of the month.
· Complete Program Evaluations within two days of program date.
· Complete SCID forms when needed and turn in immediately.
· Complete Accident and Incident reports as necessary.
· Submit all documentation in a timely manner (I.E. Meet Deadlines).
· Participate and reply to Monday emails.
· Shows commitment, enthusiasm, and dedication to the Club and its’ mission.
· Practice & Implement the Mission statement, 5 Key Elements and Core Values.
· Communicate professionally, honestly and fairly with members, school faculty, staff and parents.
· Must set an example of professionalism in the community.
· Ensures that the Brand of Boys & Girls Clubs of Fullerton upholds a positive image.
· Required to sign up for Leadership University on bgca.net and complete webinars.
· Attends all designated BGCF and Fullerton School District meetings and conferences/trainings assigned by the Director of Operations and Branch Directors.
· Promotes safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the branch at all times.
· Provides guidance and is a role model to members.
· All members are treated with respect in all interactions.
· Employee is always in position to supervise all kids.
· Staff should be spread out in different areas of the Club ensuring members’ safety.
· Supplies are being used responsibly and materials are not being wasted.
· Personal cell phone use is kept to a minimum.
4. ATHLETIC COORDINATOR RESPONSIBILITIES
· Athletic counter and outdoor area is cleaned up at the end of the day with all the equipment being properly stored. Tables and chairs must be up and wiped off.
· Monthly Activities Calendar is posted and followed.
· Outdoor area rules are posted and enforced.
· Organizes outdoor activities that follow Fullerton School District and BGCF policy.
· Implements Healthy Lifestyle programs.
· Members are rewarded through positive recognition including Athletics Youth of the Month.
5. DAILY DUTIES
· Employee is on time to work every day and calls supervisor if running late.
· If calling out, Employee is to contact supervisor by 10 a.m.
· Employee follows Dress Code Policy as stated in the Employee Handbook including visibly wearing blue staff shirt daily.
· Employee will prepare materials for daily activity prior to members’ arrival.
· Employee is willing to help out with additional tasks and is flexible in regards to helping out in other areas.
· Posted cleaning schedule is followed daily. Athletics Coordinator duties include sweeping and watering down Supper tables and area.
· Daily decisions are based on Organizational goals, objectives, and policies.
· Any and all concerns in regards to the Athletic area, programs, members, parents, school faculty, staff or Club policies are immediately discussed with Director of School Sites in a professional manner.