Chief Executive Officer
Boys & Girls Club of Fremont County Cañon City, CO
- Posted: over a month ago
- $60,000 to $70,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
An exciting opportunity to lead Boys & Girls Club of Fremont County, Colorado is open, and we are looking for our next Chief Executive Officer to make a positive impact on the youth in our community. We are looking for candidates that will lead the overall planning and operation of the organization while providing leadership, direction, and support to the Board of Directors. The Boys & Girls Club's mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. You will be responsible for bringing this mission to life in our community, as you work to ensure that the youth and teens in your care achieve great futures by providing a safe and fun space, an engaging Club experience, and managing caring professionals to guide them along the way. Fifty-four percent of Club alumni said the Club saved their life, so the impact you and your team will have on the youth in our community will be life changing.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Guides, supports, and serves the Board of Directors in establishing goals and developing policies, procedures, budgets and programs that fulfill the mission of the Boys & Girls Club.
- Monitors and approves the organization's program services and assures achievement of its mission and goals.
- Provides leadership to Club staff by developing administrative and operational standards by which goals will be met.
- Assures management and attainment of resources necessary to ensure the financial operations of the agency are conducted in accordance with applicable laws.
- Demonstrates that safety is a core value, ensures that the management system conforms with membership requirements and industry standards and is actively engaged in the safety improvement process.
- Ensure that the organization is in compliance with membership and other requirements or standards of Boys & Girls Clubs of America, other affiliated and regulatory agencies and that the Organization has standards and measures in place that define effective safety practices, train to those annually, and identify vulnerabilities and strategies to mitigate risks.
- Oversees staffing activities of the organization, including recruiting, training, and evaluation of both paid and volunteer staff.
- Promotes Boys & Girls Club services and builds collaborative relationships with individuals, other service organizations, and the local community.
- Directs and participates in public relations and fundraising activities.
- Provides professional leadership to the Board of Directors to assure development of an effective and motivated board, including identification, recruitment, training, and involvement of members in meeting the goals of the organization.
- May be assigned special projects periodically by the Board of Directors.
- Reports to the Board of Directors.
- This job is primarily located in Canon City, CO. Frequent travel to other club sites in Fremont County, CO is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, plan and coordinate operations in a multi-unit organization.
- Leadership skills, including negotiation, problem solving, decision making and delegation.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written; ability to speak effectively and persuasively to groups and individuals.
- Demonstrated competency and ability in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a Board of Directors, Staff, Community Groups, and other related agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise professionals and other staff/volunteers who may be in distant subunits of the organization.
- Advanced knowledge and expertise in managing financial resources and property.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Demonstrated skills and competency in the following areas preferred: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs; of the principles and practices of non-profit organizations and of management; and resource development activities and sources of funding.
Timeline: We will be accepting cover letters and resumes until October 5, 2021.
Compensation: This is a full-time salaried position, while normal working hours are Monday through Friday, some after hours and weekend work will be required. The anticipated compensation range is between $60,000 to $70,000; compensation will be based on education and experience.
Disclaimer: The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Boys & Girls Club of Fremont CountyWhy Work Here?
Make a real difference in our community through youth development.
Non-profit organization providing after school and summer programs to youth in Fremont County, CO.
129 N 4th Street Canon City CO 81212Cañon City, CO
BusinessView all jobs at Boys & Girls Club of Fremont County