$100 Sign-On Bonus PT Palmetto Club Preteen Program Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
$100 Sign-On Bonus
Part Time Palmetto Club Pre-Teen Program Specialist
FUNCTION: The Pre-Teen Program Specialist plans, implements, supervises and evaluates activities provided within a specific program area such as Sports & Fitness, Fine Arts, and/or Social Recreation.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
• Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
• Ensure engagement, promote and stimulate participation, and consistent attendance of youth enrolled in activities.
• Establish rapport with youth and provide mentoring, guidance, role modeling to members and overall direction for their leadership development, artistic skills, physical activity engagement and academic progress
• Effectively implement and administer programs, services and activities.
• Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the club at all time.
• Engaging members in activities successfully and provide a safe environment for members.
• Support members emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts successfully.
• Plan and facilitate purposeful and engaging activities and group projects
• Submit regular lesson plans, attendance sheets and other administrative duties
• Participate in training and staff development activities.
• Ensure a productive work environment by participating in club staff meetings.
• Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct; collaborate; and advise/counsel.
• Research topics based on interest and needs of male and female members, ages 12-18.
• Mandatory cleaning set up and closes down of program area on a daily basis.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
• This position is part time and June - August is a Blackout Period.
• Two Years accredited College/University preferred and/or High School diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of two years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required
• Certifications and credentials in respective skill-based activity highly preferred
• CPR and First Aid Certifications preferred
• Valid Florida Driver’s License and ability to drive a 15 passenger van.
• Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
• Experience in working with children and knowledge of youth development.
• Experience and ability in creating interactive and educational activities
• Strong Organization, Time Management Skills and ability to set Priorities
• Demonstrates a strong Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, High Level of Energy and Flexibility
• Strong communication, Interpersonal skills, and Attention to Detail
• Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
• Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth
• Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
• Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
General BGCMC Expectations:
- Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCMC priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCMC values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all backgrounds can be successful and participate. BGCMC expects employees to embrace and support DEAI (Diversity, Equity, Accessibility and Inclusion) of all members and colleagues.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCMC. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCMC is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
• Required to stand, walk, and sit. Able to input, store, process and output information on a (computer) and other office equipment.
• Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds during a standard 4 or 8 hour shift.
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
• Perform Safety-sensitive culture requiring a constant state of alertness.
• The noise level in the work environment is high due to work is conducted in a Club setting, indoor/outside.
TO APPLY: Go to our website, www.bgcmanatee.org/Jobs click on the “Apply Today!” button to apply and view job descriptions. Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Boys & Girls Club Of Manatee
Get fresh Program Support jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.