Inn at Bay Harbor is a Marriott Autograph Collection Hotel nestled on the shoreline of Lake Michigan. It is a place and experience that is Exactly Like Nothing Else.
The Spa Director is a full-time, year-round position at Inn at Bay Harbor. The Director will be responsible for all operational aspects of the spa and salon facility, including but not limited to staffing, scheduling, budgeting, and inventory management.
- Oversee the daily operation of the Spa at Inn at Bay Harbor
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, and training employees, developing personal growth opportunities, initiating corrective actions, controlling payroll and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Communicate Guest mapping and Brand standards, job expectations, planning, monitoring, coaching, promoting our Signature Skills, Boyne Basics, and enforcing Boyne policies and productivity standards.
- Revenue Management: Monitor schedule, maximizing revenue, establishing, and setting guidelines for hours of operation and requirements for staffing standards. Establish goals by gathering pertinent business, marketing, forecasting information, understand and work toward goals outlined in annual budget, manage expenses and labor according to approved budgets.
- Attend manager meetings
- Host monthly staff meetings and trainings, sharing and evaluating spa trends.
- Attend spa conventions such as ISpa or Green Spa to stay current with the trends/new products in the industry (subject to prior approval).
- Maintain inventory by spot-checking or auditing each inventory, assisting with inventory counts, forecasting for upcoming seasons, and adjusting par numbers as needed.
- Verify inventory by comparing items received and items on the shelves to items sold for the month.
- Prepares and oversee purchase orders monthly, obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items to cut costs and receive the purchase orders using Procurit.
- Will oversee the entire spa and salon staff, including Concierges, Salon Staff, Therapists, Guest Service Associates, and Instructors.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of spa.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Inn at Bay Harbor Team Members and their eligible family members are provided with a benefit package like no other. Working here gives you access to Boyne Resorts and Marriott team discounts. Simply put, you get the best of both worlds.