We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized bookkeeper to join our growing team. In this position, you will play a key role in managing the finances of our clients’ businesses, including creating financial transactions and generating relevant reports. You will also collaborate and communicate with employees, vendors, and customers to ensure accuracy of financial transactions. Must be proficient in QuickBooks and able to easily transfer between different types of businesses including manufacturers, retailers, restaurants, health professionals and other various small businesses.
Bookkeeper Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform general bookkeeping duties, including posting information to accounting software and regularly reconciling accounts for various types of clients.
- Be able to implement or correct QuickBooks accounting systems including set up of chart of accounts and cost accounting for various types of businesses.
- Obtain necessary tax data from clients and prepare payroll tax returns, sales tax returns and other various other returns and forms.
- Maintain the annual budget and chart of accounts for various clients.
- Perform reconciliations of bank accounts on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy for various clients.
- Prepare financial statements for the CPA review.
- Record sales and deposits For clients.
- Process payroll for various clients.
- Maintain an organized and streamlined accounting system for various clients on a timely basis.
- Provide administrative support to management when required.
Bookkeeper Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of associate’s degree in business administration, accounting, or relevant field.
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles.
- Proficient in all versions of QuickBooks including QuickBooks Enterprise.
- Data entry.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to keep records and files organized.
- Competent collaborator and skilled cross-functional communicator.
- Strong time manager with respect for deadlines.
- Ability to identify errors and solve problems.
- Decisive and critical thinker.
- Team player and professional with clients.