Director of Marketing
- $140,000 to $160,000 Yearly
The Director of Marketing is responsible for the strategic marketing plan and managing the integrated omnichannel marketing initiative. This role provides influential insight to the Executive Committee on the most effective programs to communicate and market to the brand’s consumer market. This role leverages rigorous data collection and analyses to increase in-store and online visitation, sales, cross departmental shopping, and retention among existing and prospective clients. By partnering with Boyds merchants, visual merchandising and leading the marketing team, this role must architect customer facing programs that elevate brand perception consistently across conventional and digital touchpoints.
The ideal leader will be highly experienced in retail marketing, preferably luxury and multi-brand experience, with an applied understanding of digital media, e-commerce, email marketing and paid advertising. This role will be responsible for achieving maximum impact of marketing campaigns and achieving effective ROI of the related programs.
- Oversee the development and implementation of all marketing programs, encompassing sales promotions, social media marketing, special events, public relations, and paid advertising
- Develop and execute an effective marketing strategy to support Boyds in delivering its objectives, driving brand awareness, client engagement, revenue growth and innovation
- Drive best practice strategies and successful collaboration with cross-functional teams including communications, creative, digital, and content (buying, visual merchandising, e-commerce, etc.)
- Set the brand’s creative direction and manage development to produce deliverables that meet merchants’ expectations within budget and timing parameters
- Ensure brand identity is properly communicated across all marketing touchpoints
- Empower the team to deeply understand client needs and develop creative campaigns that grasp and cut through to our consumers
- Perform analyses and conduct market research around business goals to assess the impact of marketing and communication programs
- Ability to draw conclusions on market trends and customer dynamics to identify opportunities
- Develop metrics for key business indicators, including brand awareness among existing and prospective clients, brand messaging, purchase conversion, etc.
- Present results to Executive Committee and consistently communicate clear learnings and informed strategy
- Manage all media including evaluation, selection, placement, and implementation
- Produce special events and public relations programs to elevate customer and community engagement
- Create strategic partnerships to attract highly targeted customer prospect groups
- Manage and develop marketing team to champion the brand, engage the culture and deliver business results
- Highly collaborative, this role partners with all levels of staff, from Executive Committee to Customer Service Associates; capacity to build strong internal and external relationships
- In depth understanding of new media, social media, and digital marketing
- Creative, innovative, and entrepreneurial mindset combined with energy and enthusiasm
- Deep passion and interest in luxury fashion
- Ability to manage the successful implementation of multichannel marketing strategies under strict time constraints
- Proven track record of practical and successful application of ideas
- Highly organized and efficient, demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong project management and planning skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including superior written and spoken communication and strong attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills and ability to articulate the objectives and benefits of evidence-based marketing to the business
- Strong analytic skills
Boyds is the family retailer for luxury fashion. We seek top talent that embodies our values: passion, caring, integrity, humility & fun.
Boyds is a fourth generation, family-owned luxury retailer. Since 1938, we’ve provided our clients with luxury fashion and experiences that aim to enhance our modern relevance while keeping traditions alive. We offer a diverse assortment of luxury women’s and men’s ready-to-wear and accessories, from over 250 designers across the world, driving connection to the evolving generations. Whether you join us in our stores or online, the Boyds experience is one-of-a-kind that is centered around making our clients feel like their best selves and proud to play a role in our legacy.
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.