We are looking for a General Ledger Accountant to join our team!
- Perform required accounting functions such as reconciling general ledger accounts, tracking asset account activity, making journal entries, reconciling bank and mortgage statements, preparing supporting schedules, etc.
- Assist with payroll and verify all supporting and related documentation.
- Prepare various monthly and quarterly financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and other departments.
- Understand and comply with accounting policies and procedures; recommend process improvements as appropriate.
- Special projects and other duties, as assigned by Accounting Manager, VP-Finance and CFO.
- Protect company’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Assist with improving processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
- Attention to detail and strong data analysis required.
- Must possess strong Excel skills, ability to maintain and develop intricate Excel spreadsheets.
- Robust ability to learn facets of accounting and financial systems.
- Analytical with a natural inclination to proactively and resourcefully perform research and ask questions in order to resolve issues and maintain accurate financials.
- Strong, internal drive to consistently provide accurate, timely financials to ownership. Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, excellent product quality and attention to detail. Must be organized, meticulous and extremely detailed.
- Independent, self-starter, able to work effectively with limited supervision and demonstrate an ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills exhibiting strong relationship-building ability.
- Excellent writing, research and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work overtime, when required.
- Flexible, positive attitude, easily adapt to change as the company pursues their best-in-class goals.
- Accounting experience in construction a plus.
- Able to handle a fast pace environment and demanding clients.
Background and credit check will be completed. Our company maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Boyd HomesBoyd Homes has been building and developing residential communities in Virginia, North Carolina, and Florida for over 30 years. We are well known in the industry as an innovative builder/developer who is dedicated to using appealing exterior designs and floor plans that maximize usable space. We're always on the lookout for the best and the brightest to join our team! Find out why Boyd Homes should be your next career move.