The objective of the Valet is to ensure the safety of all guest vehicles at all times, to provide/perform superior guest service (internal and external), and to ensure the efficient delivery of guest vehicles. Attendants will also ensure and be accountable for all Dispatch/computer related key entry, proper handling of guest keys, and to accurately detail all information relating to the number of guest vehicles in valet. Lastly, to help ensure the smooth and efficient flow of guests entering and exiting valet.
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Provides superior guest service, positively effects interactions with guests and team members, and has the resiliency to deal with difficult guests in all types of business conditions and the ability to work harmoniously with team members.
- Greets arriving and departing guests.
- Parks guest vehicles in specified areas in an efficient and safe manner.
- Retrieves customer vehicles from specified areas in an efficient and safe manner.
- Performs drive-and-park assignments per department policies and procedures
- This position is subject to varying levels of crowds, smoke and noise, the severity of which depends upon guest volume.
- This position is required to work outside and is subject to all types of weather conditions. Proper clothing is provided.
- Must have a valid State driver’s license.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, as well as all levels of team members.
- This position is very physical in nature and requires incumbent to run across flat land, as well as up and down stairs so as to park and retrieve cars in as little amount of time as possible. Incumbent must be able to reach and grasp to retrieve keys for guests' vehicles.
- Ability to drive cars of all types.
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
- All makes and models of motor vehicles.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and a Department of Motor Vehicles report with no careless motor vehicle accidents and no more than two (2) moving violations within the last three years.
- Either possess or ability and willingness to obtain class A license endorsement within 90 days.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc.):
Possession of, and ability to obtain and maintain a valid drivers and gaming license within assigned state of employment and other jurisdictions
Must successfully pass background check
Must successfully pass an alcohol and drug screening
Must be 18 years of age
Overlooking the Missouri River, this 130,000 square-foot casino and AAA Four Diamond full-service luxury suite hotel is in historic St. Charles. With an architectural design derived from the historic wharf and train stations, Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles hints at the action inside. The streetscape continues the theme by following the design cues of St. Charles Port District complete with seven dining outlets, 12 bars, an entertainment venue, a full-service luxury day spa, indoor/outdoor pool, gift shop and 22,000 square-foot conference center.
Ameristar St. Charles
One Ameristar Blvd.
St. Charles, MO 63301
Boyd Gaming Corporation has been successful in gaming jurisdiction in which we operate in the United States and is one of the premier casino entertainment companies in the United States. Never content to rest upon our successes, we will continue to evolve and retain a position of leadership in our industry.
Our past success, our current business philosophies and our sound business planning, combine to position Boyd Gaming Corporation to maximize value for our shareholders, our team members and our communities.
We, as members of Boyd Gaming Corporation, operate with only the highest degree of integrity, and rely on the competence and friendliness of each person in our organization to provide entertainment and service to satisfy our customers' wants.
Through teamwork, we strive to maximize shareholder value, to be among the leading companies in our industry and to provide opportunities for all while we support and enhance our communities.
Boyd Gaming is one of the nation’s leading casino entertainment companies. But we’re so much more – a Fortune 1000 company that retains the philosophy of a family-owned business, focused on creating long-term, sustainable growth for our shareholders. This philosophy defines and separates us from the competition, making us unique in our industry.
From our earliest beginnings in the 1970s, we made a commitment to our shareholders and our team members to create an operating style built around family. In a highly competitive industry, our Boyd Style of hospitality has come to define us in a most unique way.
Forging ahead in the coming years, we will remain focused on our three main goals: improving our operating performance, continuing to execute on our current growth strategy, and demonstrating our branding initiatives.
We remain confident in the strength of our Company to successfully meet whatever challenges lie ahead.